pls help DFU WILL NOT WORK!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lechuck, Jan 3, 2010.

1. lechuck

lechuck New Member

ok im pretty pised off by now cause i cannot get this piece of sh*t into dfu mode no matter what i do.

ive treid all sorts of tutorials, i even tried libertyx to get it into dfu mode but IT WONT DO IT! Either it just stays off or goes into normal recovery.

im trying to jailbreak my ipt with quickfreedom (i dont want blackra1n cause its tethered)

ive got a Ipod touch 8GB with 3.1.2 FW and a MC model nr, its 2G (bought this xmas from apple)

PLEASE tell me how to get into proper dfu mode.. everytime i try, it turns off, boots back up but will always go into the normal recovery when i hold the buttons down
  2. Chamilism

Chamilism New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    It's tethered for the 3G, and quickFreedom is for the 2.2.1 (i think, I'm on iPod Touch). For Blackra1n you don't need to put it in DFU, you just press 'Make it Ra1n'

MC model = 3G iPod Touch
    Bought it this xmas = 3g iPod Touch
    Bought it from Apple this xMas = 3g iPod Touch or 2G refurbished

you don't need to put it in DFU mode. and try this... I just put mine in DFU mode. Plug it in your computer, Turn the device off. Hold Sleep/wake button and home button for 10 seconds, then let go of sleep/wake button, keep holding the home button, until iTunes says you need to restore your iPod.
  3. lechuck

lechuck New Member

1) quickfreedom is for fw 2.1.1 thats correct, but it can be used with any ipt if you downgrade to that fw and apply the custom fw from quickfreedom. thats why I need DFU mode

2) as far as I know , my ipt with 8gb is still considered 2g. only the new 32 and 64gb models are §G, they have a faster cpu etc

3) I treid that tons of times my ipt will not boot into DFU only into normal recovery mode, which will not work with quickfreedom
  4. Chamilism

Chamilism New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    1) why would you want to downgrade? 3.1.2 is good with blackra1n (one click and your done)

2) incorrect, 8GB can be 2nd Gen or 3rd gen, and if it was wouldn't 32GB be second gen too? but it isn't. The reason you see 32gb and 64gb in the same group on apple, is because they come with the mic and headphones.

3) ... I don't know post a vid, or don't use Quickfreedom
  5. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    No, no, NO!.

1. If your model number starts with MC, it is a 3rd generation iPod touch. The only reason the 8GB is viewed as a 2G is because it does not have the new features of the 32 & 64GB 3Gs.
    2. Quickfreedom is obselete, and only works for the 2nd generation iPod touch.
    3. You cannot downgrade a 3rd generation iPod touch to anything pre 3.1.1.
    4. The 3rd generation iPod touch will alwys be tethered until a new exploit is released. Nobody is certain whenn this will happen, don't ask.
    5. DFU mode always works. If it's "not working", you're doing it wrong.

There are no exceptions to any of the above.

Now, go download Blackra1n and put up with the tethered Jailbreak.
  6. Chamilism

Chamilism New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    ^^^ what I'm trying to say

/ thread
  7. lechuck

lechuck New Member

alright thx guys, guys Ill wait for a permanent jailbreak then
  8. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    This is a permanent jailbreak?
  9. Chamilism

Chamilism New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I think he means an untethered jailbreak?
  10. iTam

iTam Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    look in my sig