.plist .png .theme... Whaaaaa???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TooGoodAtCOD4, Sep 21, 2009.

1. TooGoodAtCOD4

TooGoodAtCOD4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Questions for all:

1. Using WinSCP, how do I make Winterboard more organized? What I mean is, I want several sub-folders like Fonts or Several Different Themes etc. to help keep things in order- when I try this, it thinks the folders I create are themes on my ipod.

Please Register or Log in to view images

They are not ending in ".theme" though.

2. Also, is it possible to have many different themes, icons, wallpapers, widgets or whatever on your Winterboard at the same time so you can switch between them whenever you like??

3. I would like to know how to be able to type anything I want and have it on my Status bar. NOT with "Make It Mine" because it only allows 5 characters and "Supreme.." 7 characters. If this involves code, please point me in the right direction!

4. I would like to be able to edit some already made themes that I have downloaded off of Cydia. Meaning I would like the icons from one, background from another... etc. Is this possible??

5. [Edit] I've read that in order to get a custom boot logo on my ipt2g 3.0 Firmware, I can go into my ipsw with WinRAR and then change a specific file to whatever I want, then put it back in the ipsw. The question is, How do you do a NOR flash only (which is the process this thread suggests)??

I read that Winterboard, with WinSCP and OpenSSH, can do any sort of customization you want... I don't believe it yet...

Thanks!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    For question 3, you can SSH in, navigate to /Library/Themes, SSH out the theme you want, edit it, and then re-upload it.
  3. ben

ben Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1) What you see on the surface off Winterboard is what you get. However, you can get iFile from Cydia so you can browse your system files from your iPod. It is extremely useful. The folder doesn't have to end in ".theme" for it to be a theme. In other words, Winterboard is behaving correctly in reading the folder as a theme. Maybe put all these home-made folders in folder, and then just don't activate it in Winterboard?

2) Yes, but it requires a respring.

3) Not entirely sure about that one.

4) Extremely possible.

5) Again, not sure.

And yes, believe it.
  4. bauern

bauern New Member

You can use fake time for the 3. Dunno what the max is but mine used to say "iPod of Doom". For 4, just move any themes you want to mod on to your comp and pick and choose what stuff you want. For 5, it involves an ipsw file that is much smaller (~20-30mb) than a full firmware size (~270 mb). Only used an NOR restore once to go from tethered to untethered. Pretty sure I created a firmware with one of the jailbreak programs from back then. Not sure you'll have to search for more on that.
  5. TooGoodAtCOD4

TooGoodAtCOD4 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks guys - great suggestions and info! I will read more into the NOR flash and see what I can come up with.

So for the multiple folder question, is that what most people do is just have a ridiculously long Winterboard folder instead of sub-folders? Or do you usually just keep other themes on your desktop and transfer them over when you want a change?