Plice Scanner apps

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Ktawesome, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Ktawesome

Ktawesome New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I live in Boise, ID. I know there is a lot of the scanner apps on the appstore. Does anyone know of any apps that allow to listen to Boise PD? I just havent found any that have Boise PD! Please Help!
  2. undergroundH

undergroundH Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Wunder radio usually scans for local stations but also includes police scanners so you might want to try that.
  3. NorthCOVideo

NorthCOVideo New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well unfortunately there are no police feeds that I know of for Boise, there is on the other hand a feed for fire dispatch in your area. It doesn't matter which app you have for monitoring the feeds because they will all most likely be the same in basic functionality and feed searching. Now most likley the reason there isn't a feed is because someone isn't providing one and that in its self can be for many different reasons. Radioreference.com provides most if not all of the live scanner feeds, you can listen to all of these on this website too and the list of feeds is constantly growing so it's possible that a new feed for police could pop in you area.

After doing some quick searching of the frequency database we have on radio reference, Boise uses common UHF frequencies for police, so if you wanted to you could come check out the site and get interested into the scanning realm and maybe provide the feed yourself, just a fun suggestion.