Pleeesssee help fast please!!!! 2.0 wont restore crashed ahhhhhhhhh

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Insanelygreat01, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Insanelygreat01

Insanelygreat01 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    okay so im leaving really early tomorrow for 2 weeks and i was just installing an app on my iPod and now it wont boot. its on the apple logo! i really need it! im on 2.0 firmware latest build. plaease how do i get it to come up to restore it. it makes the connects to itunes noise but iTunes crashes when it makes the noise and it doesnt come up. i cant figure out how to get it into recovery mode please hellllpp!!!!
  2. malibusurfer93

malibusurfer93 Banned

hold the home and sleep button until it turns off. keep holding them until the apple logo appears. then once its up let go of sleep keep holding home. it goes into restore
  3. Insanelygreat01

Device:
    iPhone
    i know i keep trying that. and itunes crashes everytime
  4. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    completely uninstall itunes. re-install then try a dfu restore. idk if this helps, but its worth a try.
  5. 1adam1

1adam1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    turn off your iPod. Hold down the home button and connect your iPod to iTunes, and keep holding home until the iPod displays the iTunes signal. This is called restore mode, to be able to use your iPod you will have to restore it.
  6. Insanelygreat01

Device:
    iPhone
    okay now its at the unlock screen with a spinning circle in the middle
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    okay got it. its restoring now.
  7. HiCaP

HiCaP New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I get the same thing when I have screen captures in the touch.
    I have it set up to copy the captures to my computer then delete from touch.
    The first time it gave me a scare, it seems to just hang with the apple on screen,
    but when it's done it then syncs with itunes. I didn't time it, but it can take a while
    depending on how many I have.
  8. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Restart the computer if itunes is crashing...Hold the home button and the power button until it shuts off. Hold the home button and plug it in to the computer. Keep holding until it shows up in itunes and it can be restored. If that does not work then boot it into DFU mode. I do not know how to do it off of the top of my head so look around.