Pleeease help! My iPod Touch hates me!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by vanja123, Jul 19, 2009.

1. vanja123

vanja123 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    hi everyone,

i had tether jailbroken my ipod touch 2g a while back when i decided i was gonna give it to my sister as a present. i then thought the best thing to do was to give it a restore with the original 2.2.1 firmware so she can put all her stuff on it.

now, as soon as i did that, i was unable to reboot the ipod (even with several different booting programs), the only way i could get it to work was to restore it with an untethered jailbreak (and even then it only worked until the baterry ran out or i restarted it!).

since then ive tried hundreds of different types of jailbreak or original firmware restores, following many tutorials but everything has left me with an ipod thats stuck on the boot logo.

now, to put the cherry on top, i tried to restore it once again and now the touchscreen doesnt respond to my finger!! ive even paid to update it to 3.0, which updated "fine", but still didnt respond to my finger flicks, and when i restarted it, it simply got stuck on the apple boot logo again.

what is going on here? it cant possibly be a hardware problem since i havent moved the damn thing from my desk since it used to work fine.

i would be soo so so so grateful if someone could help me out here, ive been so frustrated trying to fix it in every possible way. and there is no apple store in vienna for me to go to to get it fixed!

thank you for any help or advice you can give me,

Vanja
  2. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Put it into DFU Mode.

Once in DFU Mode, restore it to 3.0 original firmware.

DFU + Restore will get rid of any problems that tether jailbreak did.

If your touchscreen still doesnt respond.. its a hardware failure.. take it to an Apple Store after a DFU Restore.
  3. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    don't restore from a backup, set up as a new iPod.
  4. vanja123

vanja123 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    thanks for the quick reply guys,

ive tried both these options several times, hasnt worked so far.

so youre saying that the tether remains cant be present after a restore? how come im stuck on the boot screen? and as i said, i really doubt its a hardware fault as it was working fine, then stopped working, with no proper movement of the ipod itself...

thanks,

vanja
  5. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    DFU Restoring to a clean 2.2.1 or clean 3.0 firmware should work, as long as you don't restore from a backup, but instead set up as a new iPod.
  6. vanja123

vanja123 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    tried it, starts once when set up as new ipod. but screen doesnt react to my finger commands and now even the buttons lag... also what ive noticed is that the shininess scrolling text effect over the word "slide to unlock" seems to be unusually laggy or choppy.

after that, once its off, stuck as boot again...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    since ive had it plugged in so often recently and restoring it all the time, its been getting quite hot. could it be possible that the heat damaged the sensor for the touchscreen? oh and the buttons work now, even double tap to get the music menu up.. but no response from my fingers. thanks
  7. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Its a hardware failure.

As long as you DID restore it to an official firmware, take it to an Apple Store and theyll probably give you a new one on the spot.

Even if you didnt do anything, it couldove been loose to begin with.

As long as it restored to official, just take it back... why not? nothing to lose...
  8. vanja123

vanja123 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    should i bring it in DFU mode?
  9. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    No just make sure you have restored it to the original 2.2.1 or 3.0 firmware.
  10. TearsOfFire

TearsOfFire New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Check the water sensor in the headphone jack. to make sure there hasn't been any water damage.