Please Try This For Jailbreak/pwn

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by e.mann30, Jul 24, 2008.

1. e.mann30

e.mann30 New Member

I know this is another pwnage thread but this time I want to share how I got mine to work.

I tried xwinpwn , xpwn , and the new winpwn 2.0 and none of them work for me at first. I kept getting a error code like everybody else.

Ok, when I tried to use winpwn 2.0 when it says find the ipsw file , I notice that when I located the file I saw that winpwn 2.0 says that the file was unknown. Now if you read the instructions under help it will tell you that winpwn will read the ipsw file . So the file that I had was corrupted or something. I download that file from somewhere here on the forum the day 2.0 came out on july 11. So I deleted that ipsw file and found the 2.0 ipsw file on my computer. THe one I paid for. It was under c:/users/my name/appdata/roaming/apple computer/itunes. ( Just type in search Apple Computer in the start menu , and you will find it ) . Ok , now I loaded this file in winpwn 2.0 and this time it was read correctly , but still winpwn 2.0 didn't load or build the custom ipsw for me. So I figured that if winpwn 2.0 said that the ipsw file I had was a good one , then why not try it with xWinPwn again.
    I follow the steps in xwinpwn and everything works the way it said it would.

So my point of this thread is that maybe people trying to pwn the ipods have bad files . Try using your original ipsw file located somewhere on your computer.

I have a custom ipsw file and is it illegal to post it here for everybody to use , or is it against the forum rules ?
  2. zephyrnok

zephyrnok Member

Illegal to post.

I got my file from the Apple Computer/Itunes/Ipod Software update as well, WinPwn didn't work for me... xWinPwn did:x
  3. e.mann30

e.mann30 New Member

THats what I said above. WinPwn didn't work for me either , but it let me know if my ipsw file was corrupted.

Once I found my original ipsw file on my computer , the one I paid $10 for , then I re-tried winpwn. It still didn't work , but it read my ipsw file and this time it was a good file.

THen I use xWinPwn to build my custom ipsw file , then continue with the jailbreak ( or pwnage ).

So xWinPwn does work. You just have to have the correct ipsw file.
  4. kourrim1

kourrim1 New Member

Thx for this thread I was looking for the firmware I paid for but couldn't find it the other 2.0's I download for free were saying unknown file using winpwn