Please stop useless "request threads"!

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by nibor, Nov 16, 2007.

1. nibor

nibor New Member

Hey there,

cant we all agree that those "request threads" are completely worthless and do not contain any information whatever and therefore ban them?

Usually there are written by somebody new to the community, without searching or (gasp!) googling before, contain at least 5 different request that each would keep somebody busy for a good twenty minutes and never, ever include some sort of effort by the writer.

Dont get me wrong - I do not think it is a bad idea if somebody post a thread a la "I want to do X and have followed Steps A, B and C so far. However, file Y does not respond to the Z Command. Can somebody please upload the Y File", I am thinking more about the "I JUST GOT A NEW IPOD TOUCH AND I LOVE TELEPHONE CORDS HOW WILL MAKE ME 15 BACKGROUNDS AND THEMES ABOUT TELEPHONE CORDS THAT LOOK REALLY REALLY GOOD AND I NEED IT ALL DONE BY YESTERDAY".
  2. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    wow....that made me laugh...
  3. gamer4eva

gamer4eva Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I know how you feel. I am tired of seeing requests/suggestions of the same game over and over again.

~gamer4eva
  4. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You have 15 posts and are talking about people new to the forums. . .
  5. nibor

nibor New Member

Funny enough, that might be because I use the search function, the touchdev wiki and google rather often instead of posting already answered questions.

Just because I do not write as much as you doesnt mean I do not read as much.
  6. KrayZieAsSPiNoy

KrayZieAsSPiNoy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Great RANT.
    btw, where's that RANT thread MODS made?
    i want to revive that..and lets spread the "fake" love in there =]
  7. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    yup . I get so many pm's about things that are easy to find out if you actually use the search button. Don't get me wrong. I dont mind helping people, but if they would just use the search button it would make things a lot easier
  8. pzn

pzn New Member

I agree. I successfully jailbroke my iPod touch (1.1.2) and I didn't post any of these useless threads. It isn't that hard. I propose a 'requests' section on the forums.
  9. I_am_Mad_like_This

I_am_Mad_like_This New Member

well we can clean this forum up by......

-New theme. (simple)
    -Better navigation

take iLounge for example.