please someone make a better music player!

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by BenjiMan, Dec 26, 2007.

1. BenjiMan

BenjiMan New Member

does anyone else other than me hate the music player?!?
    i mean, it does what it should, but there are some very basic things that make it much more difficult to use than having a normal ipod in your pocket.

for starters, it is way too complicated to pause your music. you have to take it out, hit a button, slide to unlock, and hit pause. same thing for volume adjustment. yes, i know you can double tap the home button, but then you need to find the pause button, which is way too small and the volume bar is way too short, but not nearly as short as the seek bar.

oh man the seek bar! do they really need to squeeze it between the shuffle and repeat buttons AND the time and time left of the track?!? i would much prefer a virtual wheel that can be pulled up and i really wish they had the time of the track displayed.

my ultimate suggestion is to make a music player program that looks something like an ipod 3rd generation's controls, but with the obvious addition of the drag scroll. and an visual interface like the new generation normal ipod interface.

if that is not possible, can someone please at least tweek the program to make the seek bar longer, the pause/play button bigger? and the artist/song name larger too. im sure that is all possible, i just dont know how to program my way out of a paper bag aside from matlab.
  2. deathdr0ne

deathdr0ne New Member

I agree we need an iTunes eliminator. VLC media player conversion anyone? That would cover just about everything as far as codecs go.