Please reply everyone replacement help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MarkA123, Aug 8, 2010.

1. MarkA123

MarkA123 New Member

Okso I have a 32 gb iPod touch (the new version). I've had it for under 90 days. I ordered it from apple so it has a warranty. It's never been jailbroken The problem with it is that the volume buttons randomely act like they're being pushed (the volume goes out of control) I called apple a few days ago and they did troubleshooting and it didn't succeed. They said I need a replacement. They said they'd order me a replacement but I told them to hold off on the replacement for now. The reason I did that is because I've heard that apple gives refurbished iPod touches not new ones. I'm going to the mall in a couple days in st.louis which is a long way away so we don't get to go to apple much. I don't think they have a genius bar there. When I went there they just had a couple testing devices out I bought my iPod there but don't have the reiceipt. If I take it there and they find out i need a replacement will they just give me a new one there since they don't carry refurbished devices or will they order me a refurbished one over the phone or online? I really don't want a refurbished is there any way at all to get a new instead of refurbished.My question is how do I get a new instead of refurbished iPod touch not refurbished are the same as new ones or anything.
  2. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well, that's one hell of a read.
    Refurbished iPods aren't necessarily bad, as long as it fixes the problem I don't see why it would make any difference.
    As far as I know all Apple Stores have a genius bar, check here to make an appointment: http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/
    If they have the device in stock they will give it to you there, if not they will order one for you.
  3. HeadReaper

HeadReaper Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Does it do it all the time? Or when you have headphones plugged in. Mine does the same thing but ONLY when I have blackberry earphones plugged in (ironic right?). And also I got my iPod replaced by them. Trust me, if it's a refurb, you won't know. And it comes with a screen protector on it

Please Register or Log in to view images

The genius bar would be a hassle imo. I think taking it to the store with the recipet (online POP or something) would get you a new one. Since it's under 90 days.
  4. MarkA123

MarkA123 New Member

No it happens all the time. And People please please don't tell me they're the same I understand they come with a new case battery etc. I don't think I have a receipt but I've had it for like 80 days lol.[ do you really think just asking for a new one will help or will I have to be a little more "persuasive" lol .QUOTE=Apple Guy;2302095]Well, that's one hell of a read.
    Refurbished iPods aren't necessarily bad, as long as it fixes the problem I don't see why it would make any difference.
    As far as I know all Apple Stores have a genius bar, check here to make an appointment: http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/
    If they have the device in stock they will give it to you there, if not they will order one for you.[/QUOTE]