Please please please please PLEASE. "Default" Categories theme!

Discussion in 'Customization Requests' started by JusTiNcReDiBLe, Oct 17, 2009.

1. JusTiNcReDiBLe

JusTiNcReDiBLe Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    A lot of us have Categories. Now can we please have a Categories theme that mimics the default look of the springboard? What I'm talking about is that we need to round all of the edges of our "square" App Store icons. Cydia apps are rounded but App Store apps are not, when placed into folders. We also need that "gloss" (I believe it's an icon overlay?) that App Store apps have by default. Oh and how can we change the icon label font to the same one used on the springboard?
  2. mat1111fun

mat1111fun New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ummm the little "i" and click a theme that has many icons ex: Illumine (my fav theme) glassklart ect.
  3. JusTiNcReDiBLe

JusTiNcReDiBLe Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I meant which font we would need to incorporate into the theme that I'm suggesting. And that didn't help at all. Glasklart is an awesome theme; in fact, I'm using it right now. But you failed in answering my question. I asked how to have the gloss/reflection in our icons, not which theme is best... So ultimately I'm looking for a "stock" Winterboard theme that would allow for the gloss overlay - I wouldn't use it as my springboard theme, just my Categories theme.

Plus, you can't just change the folder-ed app fonts by pressing the "i". You'd have to edit a Categories file, but I don't know where to find them and which one.
  4. sean.mayorga

sean.mayorga New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I might be able to provide this. Give me a half hour tops

Edit: I came, I tried, It conquered. No can do compadre.... you would have to create every one of those icons
  5. JusTiNcReDiBLe

JusTiNcReDiBLe Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Why not? Apple did it. When app makes submit the icon, it isn't glossed. Apple provides the overlay somehow, and the people that made Categories weren't thinking about it I guess and didn't realize that the overlay wouldn't be carried over.
  6. sean.mayorga

sean.mayorga New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes apple provides this and you can edit it but it only applies to your cydia apps and it does not apply inside categories
  7. JusTiNcReDiBLe

JusTiNcReDiBLe Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There's got to be a way to make it apply to folders inside Categories. Or maybe someone could create a program that takes your non-glossed icons and glosses them. That way, you can re-instert them back into the iPod.