Please, please help. Regarding iPod White Screen of Death and sending it in.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AaZ, May 18, 2009.

1. AaZ

AaZ New Member

Well today, I found out that my jailbroken iPod touch 2G like stopped working. It flickered from the regular screen to a white, which I later found out is the white screen of death. I tried recovering it many times, even through DFU mode, as well as holding the Power button and Home button for 10 seconds with no luck. All the iPod would do was turn back to the white screen. Although I can still hear the sounds, the display is not being shown. If there is a fix for this please tell me how. I have also just placed an order or whatever to send it into apple. Will they know that my iPod is jailbroken, even though I have restored it?
    And also if Apple DOES find out that it is jailbroken, will I be fined, or will my iPod be confiscated?

Please help!

Thank you.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Bump..
  2. biikmans

biikmans Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    if they do determine it was JB, then they will just send it back to you as is, and deny service under warranty.
  3. AaZ

AaZ New Member

Oh, ok, but if for say, pertaining to me, the iPod had the White screen of death, would they check if it as jailbroken?

I don't think they would, seeing as while doing my research I uncovered that many people also had this problem even without jailbreaking their respective iPod.
  4. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You said you could still restore it, so just restore it to factory firmware and send it in. They won't be able to tell if it's been jailbroken.
  5. AaZ

AaZ New Member

Oh, alright, do you know if they would send me a new one or a refurbished one btw?