Please, please help (1.1.4 not booting)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bdawg923, Oct 19, 2008.

1. bdawg923

bdawg923 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have an iPod touch with 1.1.4 installed on it. I've had it like this for over a year and I love it just the way it is and I can't bear to upgrade (I have an iPhone for App Store apps). Today, I stupidly decided to try a new theme which I SSHed into my iPod into the Summerboard Themes folder. The theme can be found here: http://macthemes2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=349358#p349358 (so you can see the included files). I renamed the icons from com.apple.* to their regular names like Calendar, etc, turned off dock names in Summerboard, and resprung to apply the theme. But the iPod just kept respringing and respringing and it wouldn't respring.

I hard rebooted it and it would just continue booting and beeping every few seconds. I tried to reboot again and same thing. I got sick to my stomach

Please Register or Log in to view images

because I've had this problem with my iPhone and had to restore twice. Please tell me there's a way to fix this. I don't want to upgrade my iPod to 2.1. I loved having all my 1.1.4 apps and everything. I wouldn't be as upset if I had 2.1 and just had to restore to 2.1, but I'm devasted now. Please help. Is there a command I can run in my SFTP program's terminal to correct this. I have a feeling it's because of the info .plist file or the Bundles folder. Should I remove them from my iPod via SSH and reboot again? What could I do? Please?
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

try charging your ipod
    then restore it
  3. bdawg923

bdawg923 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Restoring worked! Thank you so much. I thought restoring would make it upgrade to the newest firmware which I would have to pay for. Thanks again!
  4. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

I reccomened upgrading anyhow.
    1.1.4 is so 5 months ago.
  5. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Off topic, but in the bolded section you state that you had your iPod touch like this for over a year. Yet, Firmware 1.1.4 hasn't been out for a year yet.
  6. yankees101

yankees101 Banned

lol ya but if i had an iphone and ipod touch, i would use the iphone for apps and i would definetly have 1.1.4 still on my touch. I kind of miss it