Please i need help

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by cesces, Aug 12, 2009.

1. cesces

cesces New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hi everyone,

I need help. I'm having a hard time jailbreaking my ipod. I've been trying to jailbreak my itouch 2nd gen 3.0 for 3days with redsnow, ziphone, and quickfreedom but all of it doesn't seem to work. Im pretty sure im doing the steps right (DFU mode). I always get stuck on waiting for reboot. The screen just turns black and stays like that forever. I'm really getting frustrated with this.

Please Register or Log in to view images

PLEASE ANYONE HELP ME...

Thank you so much
  2. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Only use redsn0w. If your stuck and the waiting to reboot just unplug, replug.
  3. JIMIneitor

JIMIneitor Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    and if that doesnt work, try again, until it works, and if it doesnt, try on another computer, and if it doesnt, try on another ipod.

Just kidding, unplug & replug
  4. cesces

cesces New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok. I'm gonna try that. thank you guys!

------------------double post merged------------------
    Not working. I used the redsnow but the hard disk icon never appeared. still stuck with the black screen but the redsnow says its done. i unpluged and repluged it but still not working. HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!
  5. IDKKID678

IDKKID678 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Okay use redsn0w 0.8 get it at http://redsn0w.com/
    You will need a program like u******* to download it. Get u******* at uttorent.com

Now turn off your iPod Touch.

Open redsn0w Load the iPod Touch 2nd Gen Firmware.

I think your problem might be that your using the wrong firmware download the iPod Touch 2nd Gen 3.0 Firmware at http://tinyurl.com/qh9aod

Now Load up the firmware you just downloaded and after that is done click next.
    Put the check in both boxes Cydia and Icy.

Now click next follow the instructions to boot your iphone into DFU mode.

Reply back if it works.

If it doesn't work Backup your itouch. Restore it using the the firmware you just downloaded. Then Run redsn0w to jailbreak it. Then Restore back the backup.
  6. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It is illegal to provide links to Apple firmware and distributing the firmware is banned under the forum rules.
  7. Subcircuit

Subcircuit New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yes I am running into the same problem but I have a 3gs phone, and I have jailbroke before. Man, i have looking high and low for a solution, but there is non I tried to jailbreak my iphone using redsn0w 0.8 in conjunction with using IPSW iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore, the same tutorial thats been floating around the web ever since its been out. I have a Iphone 3gs 16g,What happends is in right when I let off power button the screen goes blank and it says it is jailbreaking but i dont see anything happen on the phone just on the computer, and it says the whole thing uploading ramdisk, uploading kernal, then adventually done, No pineapple no nothing just a blankscreen. I have tried restoring iphone completely from itunes and rebooting my computer nothing works. My phone just restores back to normal but i cant jail break it, also reinstalled Itunes with Itunes 9.0 redownloaded redsnow and ipsw
  8. apriliarsvmille

apriliarsvmille New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks JIMIneitor...

I had the same problem... "Waiting to reboot"..... Unplugging it and then replugging it gave it the boot it needed

Thanks again