Please help!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by DarkraiSonic9, Jul 22, 2010.

1. DarkraiSonic9

DarkraiSonic9 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I HAVE FIXED THE PROBLEM!!!!

Today I plugged my ipod into my charger (what I mean is a speaker/charger thing, like an iHome) left it to charge, then took it out of the charger. Now it is not responding when I press the sleep button, now the screen won't turn on!!! Help!! This kind of thing happens a lot, like when I plug it in my charger and I take it off the charger and it sends it into safe mode, but not like this!!

Additional info: My ipod touch is running 3.1.3 and jailbroken,

This kind of thing happens a lot, like when I plug it in my charger and I take it off the charger and it sends it into safe mode, but not like this!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm attaching a picture of my charger/speaker if that helps.

Attached Files:

2. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    DFU Restore?
  3. DarkraiSonic9

DarkraiSonic9 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What does DFU Restore do to your ipod? I'm a newbie, so I don't know much.
  4. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It restores your iPod firmware. In other words, iTunes will erase everything on your iPod and restores the firmware.

Make sure you have your SHSH blobs backed up before restoring. (It will say in Cydia that you have your SHSH blobs backed up at the top of the welcome screen)

1. Locate your iPod Touch 3.1.3 firmware.
    -For Apple computers, the firmware is located in:
    Code:
    User/Library/iTunes/iPod Software Updates
    -I don't use Windows, so I apologize if this is incorrect, but I believe it is true. For XP, press start and hit "run" (no quotes). For Vista/7, press start then type "run" (no quotes) into the search bar. In the box that pops up, type:
    Code:
    %appdata%
    After that, goto this directory for XP:
    Code:
    Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates
    For Vista/7, goto this directory:
    Code:
    \Roaming\Apple Computer\iPod Software Updates
    -I apologize if those are incorrect.

2. Drag the 3.1.3 firmware to your desktop.
    3. iPod in DFU mode. To do this, simultaneously hold down the power and home buttons for 10 seconds, then release the power button but hold the home button for about 8 more seconds. You'll know if the iPod is in DFU mode when 1. the screen is black and 2. iTunes will notify you that your iPod is in restore mode.
    4. Do this:

5. In iTunes, go to your iPod and hold shift and click restore if you're on Windows, hold option and click restore if you're on a Mac. Navigate to the IPSW you moved to your desktop from step 1.

It should work after doing all of this.
  5. DarkraiSonic9

DarkraiSonic9 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Can you explain this from a Mac? I have a mac. And also, how will I know if my shsh blobs are backed up or not, remember, I CAN NOT ACESS MY IPOD.
  6. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Oh I didn't know you can't even access it.. If it is at all responsive, download this and run it to grab your 3.1.3 SHSH. Run the TSS server, click Advanced Options, select your device/firmware, location should be set to Cydia, and hit save my SHSH. In the console there shouldn't be an error message. If there is, you're kinda screwed and have to update to 4.0. If it does work, open up a terminal and type this:
    Code:
    open /private
    Then open ect, scroll down and find the hosts file. Drag that to your desktop and then open it from your desktop. At the bottom of the hosts file, add the following:
    Code:
    74.208.10.249 phobos.apple.com
    74.208.10.249 deimos3.apple.com
    74.208.10.249 albert.apple.com
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    74.208.10.249 itunes.apple.com
    74.208.10.249 ax.itunes.apple.com
    Save that, then drag it back to the /private/ect file. It will ask you to authenticate, do so. Then you should be able to restore to 3.1.3. When you're done, delete the extra stuff you just added to your hosts file because iTunes won't work. (Doesn't work for me

)

If you still have questions, feel free to PM me. I got Skype, TeamViewer, I'm available for any help you need

7. DarkraiSonic9

DarkraiSonic9 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Don't worry about it, I have fixed the problem. I DFU restored, iTunes thought it was an ipod in recovery mode, restored with 4.0 firmware and I am un-jailbroken now. I decided to un-jailbreak my ipod because of the risks.