Please help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by loveapps, Jan 20, 2010.

1. loveapps

loveapps New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hi,

I'm in a bit of trouble...I let someone play with my ipod touch and somehow they manage to do something which stretched the screen so much that i couldn't see anything on it and it wasn't possible to use the slider to power on or off. Anyway, I connected it to itunes and restored it all to the original factory settings, first doing a backup file. Now, I have an empty ipod and am trying to put the backup data back onto it but it's asking me to put in a password for the backup file?? I tried my itunes password and it won't accept it. I don't remember having a password for the backup file, does anyone know it means? When would I have set up that password and how do I find it?

If I can't put the backup data on again, how do I add the apps I purchased through itunes if it won't recognise the ipod? It's asking me to rename it as another ipod??

Any help would be appreciated as I'm completely lost

Please Register or Log in to view images

thanks.
  2. Sitruss

Sitruss New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If you set it up as another iPod, you can still sync all of your media. The backup just consists of settings data and related data.

Also, in all likelihood you just enabled the Zoom feature in accessibility. A restore was probably unnecessary.
  3. loveapps

loveapps New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yeah, I just found out it would have have solved it without restoring

Please Register or Log in to view images

I made most purchases directly through wifi instead of connecting to the computer so how do i get those apps back?
    i don't know what the password is for the backup file either.
  4. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    You have them in your iTunes library.