Please help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Timiscute, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Timiscute

Timiscute Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I tried updating my iPod Touch to the 3.1 firmware yesterday. I paid the 5 bucks and it downloaded then it said the ipod coulndt be updated due to an unknown error (1603). I googled that and it said to update my iTunes and restart my computer. I did that and plugged in my iPod and it seemed to be updating. It took a really LONG time to finish and when it was done it said to click restore to get my apps and music back on. This took a LONG time again and when it was done it just shows the apple logo and every 10-15 minutes or so it flashes black like its about to turn on but just goes back to the apple logo again. I've restarted my computer unplugged/replugged it into the computer and now iTunes and my computer don't even recognize that its being plugged in. Once when plugging it in it showed a low battery symbol so now I tried plugging it in to an iPhone wall charger but it still is showing the Apple logo instead of the charging battery. Did I pay apple 5 bucks to break my iPod PLEASE HELP!!!! :EEK::EEK:
  2. iAppleTechGuru

iAppleTechGuru Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Youre in a boot loop, just do this:

Keep your iPod plugged into your computer, and turn your speakers up.
    Hold down the home AND power buttons until your iPod goes black.
    After it goes black, wait 1 second then take your finger off the power button, but keep holding home.
    Keep holding home for about 15-20 seconds until you hear a beep on your computer.

After you hear the beep you can let go, your iPod will be black and unresponsive, this is called DFU Mode.

Open iTunes, you should see a warning telling you your iPod is in Recovery Mode. Just press the Restore button and youre good to go.

Thanks for buying your firmware though, not too many people these days that do

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Timiscute

Timiscute Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH.....it worked! :-D