Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mc2424, Dec 25, 2007.

1. mc2424

mc2424 New Member

ok i got an ipod touch for christmas and everything works great its such a sick thing
    BUT
    i cant connect to my home wi-fi
    mmy laptop works fine with the connection though

when i try and connect, it finds my network (which is good) and then asks for a password.
    i type in the password which i know 100% is correct because i have called the customer service and looked at my router info. it then says "Unable to Join to the network XXX"

i have tried everythhing including manual input and nothing
    PLEASE HELP
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You have to make sure you are using the same encryption scheme and that the hexadecimal key is entered correctly as password. Do a "Forget This Network" if the parameters were wrong the first time you entered them and it failed to connect (you can see this option by clicking on the blue arrow on the right of your Wi-Fi network name.)
  3. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try turning off your security on your router and see if you can get online that way. If you can, then you can work on the settings to get it configured.
  4. mc2424

mc2424 New Member

i have tried turning security off and it didnt ask me for a password. but it still came up with unable to join the network. i have 4 laptops running in the house on the same network and it works completely fine!!!!!!!

5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sounds like you've issues with DHCP. I'd go to your iPod Touch and go to Settings>Wi-Fi and see if your router and DNS information are being put in there correctly. If not, you can try to enter them manually and see if that works... Sorry