Please Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bennoo, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Bennoo

Bennoo New Member

Hello, 27 october is my birthday. With that money I wanna buy a Samsung Yepp P2 or a iPoT Touch 8gb. But I'm thinking of that a few months because it's so difficult to choose one.. Can somebody help me? Which should I choose? I know this is a iPoT Touch site, so don't say that I must buy the iPoT Touch because you have him etc. I want to hear tips and minus/plus things.

Thanks, Bennoo (27october 15years)
  2. iPoT

iPoT New Member

i like the touch because of the really nice interface. Everything is smooth and gentle. I don't know whether the samsung has wifi? That is also a pro. Think about it, browsing the web on a thing just a bit bigger than a 1.44mb floppy disk.

Please Register or Log in to view images

The touch screen is really nice to use and the device looks stunning itself.

Its just better!

3. michaelchan0427

michaelchan0427 New Member

it's really up to you, to some extent, ipod touch is a portable multi-media + interent browser, and the yepp is only for multimedia contents. Although the yepp has bluetooth, it is only for headset i think. Because syncing music or movies would take too long via bluetooth. If you are a mac user, the yepp definitely give you second thoughts because ipot obviously works better with mac (in terms of syncing music, movies, calender, contacts, etc). There is no wifi on yepp, which really depedns if you need it. However, I found wifi extremely useful for me on the ipot. Cuz i do my bedtime readings (news, diggs, blogs, etc) on the ipot and it saves me from taking a laptop to bed. There is one more thing to consider, which is 3rd party apps. At the moment, the ipot couldn't run any 3rd party apps, but it wouldn't be long until the hacking team come up with a way to enable the installation of 3rd party apps on the ipot. This would definitely take the useability of ipot to the next level, far more superior to the yepp. The reason is that the ipot community is closely bonded to the iphone community and 3rd party apps on the iphone could also be run on the ipot. But yepp has a lot less users around the world, will there be anyone to develop 3rd party apps?

I will give you a summary here:

Wifi - Yepp: No, iPoT: Yes
    Bluetooth - Yepp: Yes (only for headset), iPoT: No
    Internet browser - Yepp: No, iPoT: Yes
    User interface design - Yepp: Good but colorness, iPoT: Very good!
    3rd party apps - Yepp: No? not sure, iPoT: Already exists, waiting for jailbreak (which means soon1)
    Music player - Yepp: Provide visualization, can change EQ anytime in the player; iPot: Different music browsing experience with coverflow, EQ can only be changed in system settings.
    Others - Yepp: N/A, iPot: Lots of cool tricks to show your friends, catch a rotating photo, zoom in/out on photo with multi touch, web browsing, cover flow, etc etc.
  4. Bennoo

Bennoo New Member

Thanks for all information! I think I would buy the iPoT Touch, but the reason to let me think of both, is that there's no FM Radio (yet) on the iPoT Touch, and that i want also....
  5. thomashayes

thomashayes New Member

I don't think it'll be very long until the iPod remote is updated so that radio will work on the iPod Touch.
  6. michaelchan0427

michaelchan0427 New Member

You're welcome! Glad that i could help
  7. Bennoo

Bennoo New Member

That's really fine, let's go to the iphone apps

I can't wait for email, notes, stocks etc.

greetz
  8. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'd be happy if I could just get an editor to let me create links on the homepage to some of the great web based apps that I've seen online for the iPhone and the iPod touch.
  9. Bennoo

Bennoo New Member

Yes I'd be happy too. Perhaps it's possible

So I can set up BeeJive on my Menu with the other icons.