Please help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DeadMouze, Jan 1, 2009.

1. DeadMouze

DeadMouze New Member

My laptop got so screwed up by a virus or worm. I have windows vista and it wont recognize any drivers now. And it will restart as soon as I run a .exe file or leave it on for 5 minutes. Before it restarts it flashes a blue screen for about a half a second. My ipod touch was connected to my laptop at the time and screwed it up but I fixed that. I dont know what is going on, I dont even have internet on it because it doesnt detect that driver either, I am on my bros computer right now. Someone please help. Thank you in advance.
  2. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Erm just reinstall Windows?
  3. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

wat does this have to with the ipod touch 2g??

u mite wanna call 1800GEEKSQUAD
    they'll fix it for u, mite charge u some money though
  4. C000LIN

C000LIN New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    something like this happened on my old laptop, when I would plug in my iPod it would shut off the computer and a blue screen would pop up and it turned out to be an issue with the motherboard, so it was completely trashed :\.
  5. DeadMouze

DeadMouze New Member

Yeah but I have over 200 GB worth of information and I dont want to get rid of it. I cant do a system restore either because the virus deleted all of my restore points.

EDIT: Im sorry for putting it in this forum, i put it in the Off Topic one, but no one seems to ever help you in there. They told me some stuff but I cant do any of that, I just want some more info on what it might be exactly. And its not my motherboard, it happened after i installed a file.
  6. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Call a computer service.
  7. AllyOmega

AllyOmega New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    its alright man. if u live near a best buy or circuit city, just take it over there. i'm sure that they have some way of backing up your memory to a hard drive and putting it on a new one. I'd recommend best buy. at my circuit city, all the employees jsut stand there watching movies in the tv section. lol
  8. C000LIN

C000LIN New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    now that you fixed your ipod problem i would suggest putting this issue on another website, maybe try http://www.techsupportforum.com/

EDIT: or do what the person above me said and take it to geek squad if you don't want to try and fix it yourself.
  9. DeadMouze

DeadMouze New Member

Thanks you guys. I might have someone look at it.