Please Help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by grant_gibson, Nov 18, 2007.

1. grant_gibson

grant_gibson New Member

I have had my ipd since last tuesday, ive jailborken it and installed apps and it was fine untill i tried to re-arrange the order of my icons through the latest verision of customize, i tried it once and it froze and went to the home menu, then i tried it again and the ipod turned off and tturned on again, now when it re-boots all the applications are gone off the home screen, it lets me unlock it( Slide to unluck) but then there are no apps there, i tired to restore but itunes wont let... please help
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

have you tried to restore from the ipod (not on itunes) by pressing home and sleep/wake?
  3. grant_gibson

grant_gibson New Member

yes i have, but itunes sais error -48, so i turn my ipod back on and its working, but the applications still arent there, and ive turned my open ssh off before i did all this to save my battery, so i cant ftp it.
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

You should not have restored. That problem is very, VERY easy to fix. All you need is a fixed up copy of the N45AP.plist file. There are a few threads in here where the entire file (and it's a small file, really) have been posted. A simple search would have found that and told you where to put it. As this is a not uncommon problem.

Now you have to enter Recovery Mode to restore. The instructions are also available on this forum.
  5. grant_gibson

grant_gibson New Member

I know about the plist file thing, butbefore all this happened i turned my open ssh setting off on services.app to save my battery, so know i cant ftp my ipod through winscp. is there a way to turn this of through the computer?
  6. grant_gibson

grant_gibson New Member

on the 10th attempt to restore itunes finallly started to do it, its in the process of restoring now, i dont think ill use customize to arrange icons again!!