iOS 3.1 Please help with problems jailbreaking with blackra1n!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by JAnderson127, Dec 3, 2009.

1. JAnderson127

JAnderson127 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hello,

I am a new I-pod touch user and just got my new 8g 3rd gen I-Pod touch yesterday. It has 3.1.2, I jailbroke it with blackra1n and got cydia and everything was working fine until I installed winterboard. When my device rebooted I was stuck on the I-tunes screen with the usb cord prompting me to plug into i-tunes. When I plugged the I-Pod in i had the error that said "iTunes has detected an iPod in recovery mode" and I could't do anything except restore it. I jailbroke again and later had the same problem with a different app I installed off cydia and had to restore again. How can I stop this from happening? I apologize if this has been asked and answered before but I looked and couldn't find anything just like this. Please help!
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

The jailbreak for iPod Touch 3G (NOT I-Pod) is tethered, meaning whenever you turn it off, you'll need to run blackra1n and 'make it ra1n' again. You won't lose any data. If you had searched (which I doubt you did) you would've found the answer. There has been so many posts relating to this that it's impossible not to find anything about it.
  3. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The jailbreak for iPod touch 3G is 'tethered'. This means you must connect your iPod touch and run blackrain every time you reboot (not to rejailbreak, I hasten to add, but just to kick the iPod touch into the correct jailbroken boot sequence).
  4. smil3z

smil3z New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    is a tethered jailbeak, but alot faster

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. JAnderson127

JAnderson127 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Chris,

Thank you for this information about my new I-Pod Touch. I appreciate your response time in helping me with this problem with my I-Pod Touch. My I-Pod touch and I both thank you for clearing this up. I'm glad I found these I-Pod touch forums!
  6. frozenra1n

frozenra1n New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    its iPod and iTunes not I-Pod or I-Tunes
  7. Plasmah

Plasmah New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    JAnderson127 I like my I-Pod too

Please Register or Log in to view images