Please help with problem with app limit

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by JonSingh12, Nov 30, 2007.

1. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Hey guys I have a slight problem this message stating that I'm running out of app space keeps popping up. I already did the trick to enable unlimited apps but that only worked to get me past the second page. I'm now going onto my 6th page of apps not skipping last row. The last page only has two on it and on my device I got 12.3gb free space so is there any way around this limit noting that ive already done the trick to enable apps up past the second page.

Please do help.
  2. Reflex1589

Reflex1589 New Member

HOLY CRAP 6 pages of apps!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Only thing i could think of doing in your shoes is trying to clear up some of the unessacary apps. Seems like 6 pages might be a bit exccesive, especially if your not skipping the last row.
  3. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    well the thing is that I use all the apps every now and then my sister and friends use my itouch sometimes and in all every app is being used. However on the sixth page I only have 2 apps so any help should I move the app folder to theedia folder where photos music and videos are stored would that allow me to have as much apps that I want with out worrying about space so likeif I have 12.7gb free then is that how much space I will be able to use with apps aswell as music photos and videos.
  4. mederis

mederis New Member

When you say the "unlimited app trick" do you mean using sym links for the Applications folder? That won't necessarily work for everything. Some things simply don't get installed to that folder. For example, I think python and maybe perl get installed to /usr/lib. When you get those out of space messages, it just means that you're running out of the 300mb operating system partition space. Try doing the sym link trick on the System/Library/Fonts folder. That will net you a good 40-60mb. If you have python or similar installed, do the same with that. Be careful not to sym link important system folders like /System/Library/Frameworks, or the whole /usr/lib/ folder, you will hose you operating system! Try typing "df" in a command prompt from the terminal application, or by ssh'ing into your touch. You'll probably see that you're about at 100% capacity for disk0s1 which is your operating system partition.

-Marc
  5. JonSingh12

JonSingh12 New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    thanks alot for your suggestions i will considee doing that also one queation it is possible to increase the size of the partition to allow more room for files. and lesss room for like music like maybe dedicate 1gb for the operating system.