[PLEASE HELP] Two of every app installed (I think)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Supertod, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Supertod

Supertod Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I recently did the 0.3 redsn0w jailbreak from untethered (quickfreedom) and it all went well, but cydia didn't show my installed packages (apart from the system ones) so I opened aptbackup, backed up, then restored hoping that would reinstall all my cydia apps, but then my iPod went into a reboot cycle so I followed this tutorial http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1455416#post1455416, I went straight onto method 1 without seeing method 2 (Kicks self) it worked, but all my appstore apps dissapeared from springboard, but in the applications folder they were still there, so I resynced all the apps, and now I have like 5GBs of apps, but before I only had 2.5GBs of apps.

So what I think has happened is that when I renamed applications to applications2, then renamed back to appliactions, my iPod didnt recognize all the folder names so it didnt think they were installed, and now the iTunes sync has put all the apps back on, without deleting the old ones.

How do I go about deleting the old apps? I have AppLinks which creates a list of all the apps in a different folder called AppLinks, and then when you open one of those folders from the AppLinks folder, it takes you to the app in the applications folder, if I could use that to show which applications are installed and recognized, could I somehow find all the unrecognized duplicates?

Anyone who helps me I will be so greatful for, I have only like 2GB of space left now

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks so much.

P.S. If you don't really understand the problem just say and I will explain the bit you don't understand to you

2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    The proper way to jailbreak is to do a fresh restore and then jailbreak. That is your problem you tried jailbreaking an already jailbroken device

When you do that it replaces Cydia so nothing is registered as downloaded.
  3. eladc

eladc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hmm I jailbroke over another jailbreak and nothing happened.
  4. Supertod

Supertod Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    But can this problem be fixed?
  5. eladc

eladc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Just restore and jailbreak again

6. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Try to get cydelete and delete them with that.
  7. Supertod

Supertod Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I really really don't want to do that, I have 25GBs of data that takes hours and hours to transfer to my computer to iPod, I would rather a soloution which doesn't involve restoring
  8. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I don't think that will work since none of his apps are registered as downloaded in his cydia packages and CyDelete reads those.
  9. Supertod

Supertod Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'd rather solve the unrecognized duplicates first before I try solving cydia
  10. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    I would just restore.