Please Help!!!!! Some Questions regarding jailbrek ipod touch 2g!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by hahaha123, Jun 5, 2009.

1. hahaha123

hahaha123 New Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Well first i was trying to jail break ipod 2g with redsnow and since i put it in dfu mode it keeps crashing do you think by restoring it would stop doing this?
    My other question is if there is a final-official release of a jailbreak for 2g that will not risk your ipod?
    whats the difference between redsnow,yellowsnow, quickpwn etc in all of them what makes the difference?
    can anybody recommend the easiest tut to jailbreak ipod touch 2g 2.2.1?
  2. Pwnnned

Pwnnned New Member

Feb 15, 2009
    I would recommend redsnow because basically you have to do one thing in the beginning and the rest is all on its own. Its simple and easy.
  3. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Jan 31, 2009
    Please search before posting. There are many threads like this already. Since you asked:

If you're having problems, a restore should generally fix things.

The latest release of Redsn0w is beta 0.3. If you're worried about your iPod, wait for the final QuickPWN release. (Track it on

Redsn0w is the name given to the exploit used to Jailbreak the iPod touch 2G. In layman's terms, Redsn0w = 2G Jailbreak.
    Yellowsn0w is the software network unlock of the iPhone.
    QuickPWN is the all-in-one GUI for the simple Jailbreak of the iPod touch 1G, iPhone EDGE, and the iPhone 3G. A version incorporating the iPod touch 2G will be released sometime in summer.

The easiest way to Jailbreak the iPod touch 2G is on

Hope that's all your questions answered! Shawa out.