iOS 3.1 PLEASE HELP! Newbie Iphone 3g 3.1.3

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by kaos_NW, Aug 17, 2010.

1. kaos_NW

kaos_NW New Member

Hi everyone

basically i got a iphone 3g 8gb which was working fine on 3.1.3 jailbroken.

So without reading I assumed 4.0.1 would be better so I upgraded (manually via Shift+restore in itunes) all went well and i hacktivated/JB it then I read about speed issues with the 3g and im sure mine was slower!

So decided to downgrade (didnt SSH or anything previously!) so I managed to downgrade it back to 3.1.3 but now the problem is I cant JB it with spirit as it needs to be activated first! (I dont have an 02 simcard, will any 02 sim work?)

I want to Jailbreak it then unlock it so I can use it on T-mobile! am I right in thinking this is impossible on 3.1.3?

what can I do? I attempted to restore back to 4.0.1 (as at least I could use the phone) but Itunes was throwing up all kinds of errors!

Please help
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok update, i Have managed to jailbreak the 3.1.3 firmware so now its activated and jailbroken

I just installed ultrasn0w and ran it but now when I put my t-mobile sim in the phone it shows full signal and the carrier as T-Mobile but when I try and make a call it just says Call Fowarding Active and doesnt ring!!!!!!

someone please help!
  2. kaos_NW

kaos_NW New Member

can anyone confirm 3.1.3 is NOT unlockable? therefore this could be the reason it recognises the t-mobile sim but wont make calls?
  3. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Use redsn0w 0.9.4 and the 3.1.2 FW. It will hacktivate and jailbreak it. Once that is done go in cydia and install ultrasn0w. As far as the call forwarding there is an option to disable it in the settings app
  4. kaos_NW

kaos_NW New Member

I have run ultrasn0w and call forwarding is off in settings!

Please Register or Log in to view images

its showing full signal but i cant make calls or send texts, When i make a call after about 2 seconds it says call failed and the 'call forwarding active' box come up

UPDATE -

I made a custom FW on sn0wbreeze, unlocked it with ultrara1n and still the same thing!

CAN ANYONE HELP??

Is it possible its blocked or something?
    If it helps at all heres the details from the settings page -

version 3.1.3 (7E18)
    carrier 5.1
    Model MB489B
    Modem Fw 05.13.04

It seems strange that it has signal and allows T-mobile to be displayed as the carrier etc, but just cant txt/call out!?? If an Iphone is blocked/disabled does it have these effects?