Please help - new to all this!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by pmurray, Sep 14, 2008.

1. pmurray

pmurray New Member

OK I know your gonna be sayin to yourselves "this guy is thick!" but hey i'm a strugglin wi this...

i have done some jailbreak proceedure (i think!) winpwn 2.5, went thru the guide and thought that was me jailbroken??!!

i then went through the picture guide on here to connect with my ipod using scp thing! guide was great and all went well until the end part when i go to login, a box appears that says "network error connection refused" where am i going wrong?

i have also noticed that after i did the jailbreak procedure i now cant connect to youtube via ipod?! any reason for this?

please help i'm gettin a tad frustrated tryin to get to grips i this and as you can tell not too clued up on termanology etc.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Is OpenSSH installed through Cydia?
  3. pmurray

pmurray New Member

You prob knew this was comin... The OpenSSH??? really not got a clue what that is mate!?

I tried to download winpwn 2.5 but not sure whats happened, i now cant use youtube, has trouble syncing with pc (keeps trying to sync then comes up with winpwn welcome page and stops sync.)

i have since tried to download the winpwn 2.0.0.4 but i cant find the restore file even although i've downloaded it!?

If there is anyway of restoring my ipod and maybe pointing me in the direction of the easiest guides to jailbreak etc successfully that would be most appreciated, please help!
  4. Sopis

Sopis Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    omg Ill try to help you because I remember that I was the same - but at least I GOOGLED!!!! a lot...GOOGLE is the thing you learn stuff with...I know everything thanks to google and ipod touch forums which also has the search functions...

ok to the point...

I am not giving you links - learn to use google to learn.
    What you need to do is: for 2.0.x

1. Download the newest WinPwn (or read stuff about it to know what the particular version is for)
    2. Have iTunes propper version
    3. learn how to enter the DFU mode
    4. have WinScp and iPhone Tunnel Suite
    5. have a firmware you want downloaded zo your PC
    6. and find yourself guides where you will find this stuff anyway

if you think that this is useless I am sorry - but really google these steps I gave you and you should be fine to know what to do...eitherway - everything is here in these forums...

hope I helped you a bit...if not PM me or write what exactly do you need

5. pmurray

pmurray New Member

Thanks for that, when i download winpwn 2.5 and open it there is text missing from the steps i.e. when it says click on thumbs up or thumbs down for youtube activation (or something like that) i can't see the thumbs!? i've tried uninstallling it and downloading it again several times and always the same, can anyone help? Because of this i then just use the quickpwn option which does seem to work but unless i'm wrong it doesn't give me installer or cydia and deactivates youtube into the equation

Anyone else experienced this???
  6. Sopis

Sopis Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    hey there listen I used winpwn 2.0.0.4 to pwn my itunes/ipodand I have no problems...at all...
    let me give you some guide...i had really n00bish one

sooooo this guide, it is from this forum section 2.x.x jailbreak
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92404
    it took my 30 seconds to find it...but ok, here you go...
    with this there is no chance to f**k something up...
    depending on your firmware use this guide - I recommend pwn 2.0.1 with winpwn 2.0.0.4 sine I had NO problems at all so I can guarantee it i OK...
    of course, you need to have particular firmware already downloaded so google something like - type this into the google - Where to Download iPod touch Firmware Files From - and it should gve you iClarified result, click that one and there are FWs available to DL...soooo
    thats it I guess...dont forget about the steps in the previous post...