iOS 3.1 Please help!!! My iPod won't downgrade

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Carly1200, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Carly1200

Carly1200 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok I upgraded to 3.1.1 to see what it was like( bad nothing new but any my 100 games need updates soo...) and now when when I try downgrading my touch to 3.0 it won't let me it says that the an "unexpected error" occured so what do I do??? (I have iTunes 9)

Do I go to downgrade at other pc with iTunes not upgraded???
  2. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Are you DFU restoring?
  3. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I saw one fellow's YouTube guide on how to downgrade and there was one user who mentioned that the 3.1.1 full version cannot be downgraded, only the beta... Is it true?
  4. JOS

JOS Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I believe the main problem here is iTunes 9. It's designed to downgrade to the newest FW, 3.1.1 and the rest that will come later on. Uninstall iTunes and reinstall most recent iTunes 8 and try downgrading from there. Don't forget to place your Touch to DFU and to back up your entire iTunes folder before uninstalling.
  5. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    iTunes 8 & DFU should solve your problem. it's funny, when I upgraded my iphone to 3.1 iTunes moved my old firmware files to the recycle bin. lol
  6. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Yeah, same here... Just checked my Recycle Bin and voila, all the old firmware files were there... I'll do the DFU restore later tonight and see how things go from there...

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. freemini

freemini Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It's not true. All firmwares can be downgraded, as long as you're on an iPod, the iPhone can't be downgraded because of the baseband.
  8. Anonymoose23

Anonymoose23 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    YOU CANNOT RESTORE TO A LOWER FIRMWARE ONCE YOU HAVE UPGRADED TO 3.1 please read a bit before talking. Also GOOGLE is your friend
  9. sukh23

sukh23 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm pretty sure if you downgrade iTunes back to 8, then u should be able to downgrade your iPod too
  10. Razor 116

Razor 116 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes the ipod touch 2g can be downgraded, i know this because ive done it. however you need to dfu and shift restore on itunes 8.2, 9 will not allow it. also when i upgraded to itunes 9 to try it and to use the features combined with 3.1.1, when i uninstalled it and tried to install itunes 8.2 agin to restore it would NOT install, kep giving me errors, but it allowed me to install itunes 9 again (sneeky apple) luckily i dual boot and had 8.2 installed on the other os. i restored and re jailbroke.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Just to clarify i downgraded to 3.0 from 3.1.1 as some people are saying this cannot be done.