Please help! My ipod is seriously broken!:'(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bobmanaway, Jan 17, 2009.

1. bobmanaway

bobmanaway New Member

AFTER HAVING IT FOR 4 and a half months, ive jail broken it, and one day, the home button just stopped working. So i decided to restore the ipod, so i can go get it fixed with the apple warranty. but then my labtop charger broke! so i wasnt able to restore it. so while on my ipod, i decided to go to settings>then "restore all content" something like that. and then.. it began processing.. and next thing you know! after 5 hours! its still stuck at the opening apple logo!!!

now all it can do is either lose battery, or start up and freeze at the apple logo.

since the home button doesn't work, i cant force reset it. can someone please help me or advise me on what i should do? thank you so much!!!
  2. MrFairladyz

MrFairladyz Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you need to try to get to another pc and restore... not sure what you can do other than that... try waiting a bit longerr, stll might be doing something.
  3. Thedan530

Thedan530 New Member

Maybe try restoring it on someone elses'computrler,sorry if this doesn't help but im a newb the same thing happened to my ipod nano 2g it just died and one day it woke up and now almost a year later it died and even the computer can't find it,anyway i hope you can find a way to fix your ipod!
  4. bobmanaway

bobmanaway New Member

thanks for trying to help

Please Register or Log in to view images

! but at this point, the computer doesnt even read the ipod!

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    wat firmware r u at? cuz u need home button to go into recovery but on 1.1.x u can use a tool like iliberty to force it into recovery ( if it can see it )
  6. bobmanaway

bobmanaway New Member

thanks for the help! i think im at firmware 2.0.2 i think.