Please help me.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by peezi, Aug 22, 2008.

1. peezi

peezi New Member

i hate this shhhh...this is about the 10X I tried pwning my 16gb touch and I'm really getting heated about it. I keep getting the 1601 error, it was the 1604 last week. can someone please help me get this jailbroken to 2.0 before I be out of a ipod. I refered to the sticky for all the steps but that didn't help me either. Am I cursed from having 2.0 jailbroken...what am i doing wrong.....
  2. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

* First, you need to read the 'pwning 2.0.1' threads on the forum.

* Second, if you'd read them, you'd know your problem is that you're not in DFU mode - 1601 and 102 tend to happen if you're not in DFU mode and if the iPod isn't directly connected to a USB port (through a hub can be an issue).

* Third, you can use QuickPwn which has instructions on how to put it into DFU mode and it'll save you headaches as you don't need to restore with the pwned firmware.

* Fourth, if you ARE going to use DFU mode, make sure the iPod is plugged into the USB cable connected to the PC, power it off by holding down the sleep button for five seconds and sliding the slider down, let go of the button for five seconds more... then hold the Sleep and Home buttons down, count to ten, and let go of the Sleep button and keep holding it until the computer detects your iPod in DFU mode.

All this was culled from the guides for using Pwnage and iPods with Firmware 2.0.x.
  3. peezi

peezi New Member

hey jarlath I did exactly as the thread said, now I'm my ipod has the apple logo with the spinning will down at the bottom...I used my iphone's stopwatch for the time...so I think I did it right.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    it didn't do it....f*ck..quickpwn keeps saying it needs to be closed....what's wrong.
  4. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

My god boy. This'll be like the 100th time said. You MUST make SURE that all processes with the words "ITUNES" , "APPLE" , or "IPOD" in it using Task Manager. Then, restart QuickPwn, and do it over.
  5. peezi

peezi New Member

just used winpwn instead

I went from getting error 1604/1601 to just error 6. I'm going to be trying this all weekend I guess....what can be the problem...everything goes right just by restoring the regular 2.0 ispw file I have but it gets the error 6 when I restore with the custom 2.0 file I created with winpwn....
  6. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Error 6 means you are not in DFU.

Follow these instructions:

* Plug your device into the computer
    * Turn your device off and wait 10 seconds
    * Hold down both the power and home buttons for 10 seconds
    * Release the power button after the 10 seconds, and hold the home button until the device is recognized by iTunes and it says it is in recovery mode
    *** Note: Your screen should stay the same color the entire time after turning it off. If it turns on or you get the "Connect ot iTunes" screen, then make sure your device is firmly connected, and that your buttons are functioning correctly and are being held in firmly as well
    *** To test if you are truley in DFU, hold the power button for 10 seconds while still connected to the computer after it was recognized by iTunes. If it does not turn on, then you are in DFU
  7. peezi

peezi New Member

everything that says itunes apple or ipod processes area ended...so now what.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    i finally got it....I'm now a proud owner of a jailbroken 2.01...yes yes yes thanks everybody...