Please Help Me

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Matt Jo, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Matt Jo

Matt Jo New Member

I just got a new iPod Touch from the Genuis Bar at the Apple store because my other one broke so they gave me a new one.

I have two problems, the iTunes account on the iPod is the one of the guy's at the store from the Genuis Bar, because he plugged it into his computer to make sure it worked, how do I get my iTunes account on the iPod? Whenever I try to buy something off iTunes on my iTouch it comes up with his account, I wanna put my account on the iTouch so I can buy songs from the iTouch when im away and stuff. What do I do?

Next when I try to set up my email account it says something about cannot connect without SSL?? I don't know what this means but it didn't say it on my other iPod Touch. I have a Gmail account, it worked fine on the other iTouch but now it tells me something about SSL.

Can anyone help please??
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    This may or may not work. So don't take my word on it, fully.

Try to restore the iPod nad after restoring, set it up as a new iPod. It will ask you to activate the iPod. Try to activate it under your email address.

*Note: Not 100% sure if this works or not.
  3. mcarter7190

mcarter7190 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i think with the itunes account problem it should be fixed when you connect it to your own itunes library. if it doesn't work, restore your ipod with your itunes library and that should work. i'm not sure about the email problem, but a restore could possibly fix that as well.
  4. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

ya this happened to me and all i needed to do was plug it in to itunes and sync it. (you could just use his account

Please Register or Log in to view images

)