please help me

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by techiefool, Dec 29, 2009.

1. techiefool

techiefool New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I was given a touch for xmas. I already have a shuffel. Not sure what touch it is it has 32gb and 9 icons on the screen. When I connect it to my laptop windows media player asks me what i want to do. It doesnt recognise it as an ipod it thinks its a storage device. Also I cannot find a way to get itunes to recognise it as a device itunes will only recognise my shuffel. I have been trying to sort it out since 3am please help me.........

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    What version of iTunes do u have installed?

It will be an ipod touch 3g if it is 32GB
  3. techiefool

techiefool New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi stuart,
    I have the latest version of itunes but since posting i have been to a shopping center to try to find out what it is. Long story my daughter opened it on xmas day (she's 4) and I didnt realise until yesterday by which time all relating packaging and instructions had been chucked. The girl in hmv said she wasn't sure what it was and sold me a pack that would help!!!! If it helps where you would usually dock it, there is a space for a memory card and it does not dock. I have no idea what it is.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    also the girl in hmv thinks its 1st or 2nd gen.???
  4. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    So i can presume we are using a usb cable that came with it and using that to plug into the computer. If there are no sapre connection ports (USB ports) take a one out that is not being used and plug the ipod in that one.

Sorry if i misinterpreted
  5. techiefool

techiefool New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yes that was correct but the pack that I bought has a new usb cable and I have tried to connect using that too