Please help me :(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lambo100, Apr 20, 2009.

1. lambo100

lambo100 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i last night spilt a small amount of water on the face of my ipod. Now the bottom half of the screen is non responsive i have left it near heat all day still no luck is it screwed or can i save it

Please Register or Log in to view images

saddest day of my life
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    anybody
  2. yasha613

yasha613 New Member

Make sure it's completely dry, get an RMA on it and ship it back for a repaired/new one. Frankly, if you can get away with it, even if it does come close to functioning correctly again I'd still try to get away with a freebee fix from apple. But if it's completely dry now and it's not functioning right, ya, your screwed. Damage is done.

As an additional tip, if your not sure it's dry, don't turn it on!. I'm assuming since you've "checked" I'm too late for that one, but you might have avoided any damage had you waited.
  3. lambo100

lambo100 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so what should i tell apple has happened
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Put it in an airtight container of dry uncooked rice for a couple days, see if that helps, because it is supposed to take the moisture out of it.
  5. yasha613

yasha613 New Member

Absolute truth in this case and 99% of most cases in life will burn you. Just specify the symptoms, and not the cause. If they ask, say it just happened that way one day when you turned it on. Again, all true.

Please Register or Log in to view images

It is highly doubtful they would truly call you out on water damage when you send it back, or bring it into a store for a warranty replacement. Unless of course you admit you tried to listen to your Ipod touch in the deep end of the YMCA pool.

This is all assuming it IS under warranty, I'm unsure as to apple's policy, or where you purchased yours.
  6. 1337BUHMILLION

1337BUHMILLION New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    this happened to my friend, except he threw it at a wall and the bottom half of the screen went dead.
    Here is what to do: look at the inside of the headphone jack and dock connector. if its pink, YOU'RE SCREWED!