PLEASE help me with my ipod touch!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by heeeeyyemily, Jun 22, 2010.

1. heeeeyyemily

heeeeyyemily New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i just got this ipod touch today and i've been having nothing but constant problems with it. if i sound stupid or ignorant i apologize, i am just new to this and extremely frustrated with the hours i've spent trying to learn how to use this and the very little progress i've made.
    it appears to me that i cannot sign up for an itunes store account without giving them credit card or paypal information which i think is complete crap. because i so own a credit card, i'm fifteen for pete's sake. i don't even plan on making any purchases, but apparently i cannot download the free apps either without an account, which completely eliminates one of the reason i got the thing.
    also, i've been trying to put music on this thing for hours and i started with ten songs from one band. little did i know that i apparently cannot delete music from my computer without it deleting it from itunes AND my device as well! is it true that i must keep all of the music on my computer to even be able to listen to music on my ipod touch? if so, i might as well take the thing back since my computer's memory is almost completely full. i am seriously considering it right now unless i get help. please help me!
  2. jellydonuts

jellydonuts New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Calm down. Calm down. Don't need to get a big DICK!

Okay, that was just for a little Tourette's Guy humor.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyway, you can get an iTunes gift card and sign up with that. That's what I did and I have my own account now.

Yes, you must keep the music on your computer to play through iTunes, which iTunes sends to your iPod touch. Sorry, buddy. Get an external hard drive though, that'll really help you out.

3. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    In iTunes make sure you are signed out

Install a free app and it will ask to create a new account

Select none for Payment option and continue the form.
  4. Lagunatic

Lagunatic Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    ok dude, with your problem about music on pc not being able to be deleted, it happens because itunes, insead of creating a double of the music file, which takes up more space, it simply uses the original one in itunes. this is a very smart idea because some people have 120 gb of music on their computers and if you double that, you might have a nearly full hardrive.
  5. heeeeyyemily

heeeeyyemily New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    tourettes guy, niiiiice. i didn''t know we could swear on here though.

if i got a flash drive and installed the music on it and plugged it in when i used itunes, would it keep the music on my itouch?
  6. Mad4Touch

Mad4Touch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    yes it would. Also if you transfer your whole music library to your touch and uncheck the music synching in itunes you can delete from your computer.
  7. heeeeyyemily

heeeeyyemily New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i tried that, i had songs from one band on my itouch and i wanted to add songs by another band. i unchecked senses fail to add a day to remember to the sync only, and my senses fail is gone. D:

about there being an option 'none' for the payment, i do not see this. its either not showing up, or i might have missed something. :/
  8. LastChaosBeast

LastChaosBeast New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    For music: You don't need it on your computer. Just tick "Manually manage music" on your iPod's screen in iTunes. You only need music on your computer to play it on the computer.
  9. TKDGirl

TKDGirl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I had the same problem. It was annoying. I as well was pissed to see I had to put my credit card info and such in order to use the free apps and stuff. I somehow skipped over it. But, I can't get any free apps...unless I give that info, and I think that's completely pointless...one thing I hate about apple...yet I bought a ipod touch knowing this since I have a ipod nano 3g and ipod nano 1g.