Please help me sync my sons iTouch!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chelsey, Jan 15, 2010.

1. chelsey

chelsey New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi

I was hoping someone could help me. My son got an Itouch for Christmas and when I connect it to itunes, it wont sync. My husband and I botht use the same itunes for our iPhones, and ours both sync with no problems.

When I plug it in, it shows up with his iTouch name and says its syncing, but it only lasts for a few seconds and none of the apps that I have ticked have transferred over. I have gone into the settings and turned the restrictions off, but I cant think of why it could be doing this???

Any help would be much appreciated!
  2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Do you have the account activated on it?
  3. iamanipoduser

iamanipoduser Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Does it have anything to do with your computer being authorized to transfer apps?
  4. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yes it does.
  5. chelsey

chelsey New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    umm please explain?? Lol Im pretty sure I clicked on authorise computer....and then it still didnt work! How do I activate his account?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    oh i better explain myself properly.....he has an itunes account. I set it up when he first got the itouch. Do I need to activate it on the computer?
  6. suthernman258

suthernman258 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have the same problem. Only a few of the songs in the library showed up on my 32g Ipod 3rd gen. I have all the songs checked and in Itunes but not all are syncing to the ipod. Why????????
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I used limewire to put them in my computer then transferred to Itunes no problem. I tried playing them in Itues and they play fine. I tried to transfer to ipod "Sync" but they dont move to ipod.
  7. tpenny62

tpenny62 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm having similar trouble with my son's itouch,It starts to sync then get message"The ipod cannot be synced.The disk could not be read from or written to." I tried to reinstall itunes.still get same thing.I'm at my wits end,please help!!!!!
  8. jmanprousk

jmanprousk New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try restoring the iPod in iTunes.
  9. tpenny62

tpenny62 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    tried to restore on itunes,didnt complete,now cant do anything...what is dfu mode and how do you get there?
  10. iamanipoduser

iamanipoduser Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Instead of syncing, go to your ipod's summary on itunes and only tick manually manage my music and videos. This will let you manually drag your music and vids into your ipod touch. Try that and see if it works. This only applies to music and vids BTW.