Please Help Me Quickly!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iTouch_PR_14, Jul 3, 2008.

1. iTouch_PR_14

iTouch_PR_14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    So i'm new here and i need some help. I'm trying to jailbreak my 1.1.4 iTouch and i'm stuck in the first steps. The guide says i have to restore my iPod so, in iTunes, i click the "Restore" button below the "Check For Updates" button and it says, "Contacting The iPod Updater Servere'and then a window pops up and asks if i want to back-up before restoringe the software and i click "Don't Back Up" and then i clicked restore and it said Contacting iPod Updatere Server. And then after about 1-2 minutes, it reacted like if i had clicked check for updates cause a window pops un saying Important Information and below says Ipod Touch Version 1.1.4 and below says .bug fixes. It asks to click next or cancel, i click next. Then i click agree and the 1.1.4 Software starts to download!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

How can i restore my iPod? Please Help.
  2. Lazarus65

Lazarus65 New Member

what you have to do is force restore your iPod. Search the forum. Than it asks you to connect to iTunes. Download the 1.1.1 update, and when it asks you to install 1.1.4 click ctrl+enter and add the 1.1.1 firmware to your iTunes.
  3. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I would just let it download the firmware so it can restore.

You can also download the firmware outside of iTunes, save it to your computer, and shift-click the restore button. After that, it should let you select the firmware from your computer, and restore it from there.

Either way you get the same result.
  4. iTouch_PR_14

iTouch_PR_14 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Damn i did something really stupid now. Instead of restoring i just clicked on Ziphone and it was in the process but suddenly the white texts stopped appearing and it froze on the last text saying Jul 4 06:01:30 launchd[18] can't exec/bin/sh for single user: No such file or directory. I tried to restart it but it just appears there again. WTF happened to my iPod Touch????!!!!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Damn i did something really stupid now. Instead of restoring i just clicked on Jailbreak on Ziphone and it was in the process but suddenly the white texts stopped appearing and it froze on the last text saying: Jul 4 06:01:30 launchd[18] can't exec/bin/sh for single user: No such file or directory. I tried to restart it but it just appears there again. WTF happened to my iPod Touch????!!!!
  5. amanda012

amanda012 New Member

I have some problem on this and i just get the solotion from http://www.jailbreakitouch.com/index.php/component/fireboard/?func=view&catid=11&id=925

Do not worry, there is a simple fix, and that is to put it in Recovery Mode, restore it, and attempt again. Don't ever think you screwed your iPod because the only way you can do that is physically, messing with the Base Band, or screwing with the Boot Neuter. Which is hard if all you know how to do it jailbreak.

So lets get started,

When your iPod is Plugged into the computer, hold the Sleep button (Located at the top of your iPod_ and the Home Button (located under the screen of your iPod) and keep holding them, soon after, your iPod will shut off (If it was on) or Turn on (if it was off), then when you see the Apple keep holding the 2 buttons, then, eventually you will see a Virtual Wire and then the itunes symbol, after you see those you can release your fingers, then, it should be recognized by iTunes and then, press "restore" in iTunes, then you can try again, and thank me =).

Goodluck,Hope I helped!
  6. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

This thread is 4 weeks old, i think he already figured out now, but thanks for the write up,

Please Register or Log in to view images