Please help me, iPod touch 2nd gen jailbreak questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ajaxx, Jul 26, 2009.

1. ajaxx

ajaxx New Member

Jul 24, 2009
    im verrrrrrrry new to jailbreaking and would like to know some things about it. i would be very thanxful for your help.

1. if i make a backup, then i jailbroke my ipod, when i restore the backup will it still be jailbroken, and functional?

2. are there certain cydia apps i should steer clear of as they could wreck my device?

3. can anybody reccomend there favourite cydia apps?

4. can you use your bluetooth for file transfer with the jailbreak, are there other things you can use bluetooth for aswell?

5. if my device breaks or similar can i fix it? and if so how?

6. Lucky last. When I restore the backup, if I keep the jailbreak will I still have all my game data and setting that I had at the time of the backup??

I am running 3.0 firmware on a 2g iPod touch.
    thanks very very very much in advance, and i hope this can help others aswell

2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Apr 20, 2008
    1. Depends on the order you do it in. If you go Backup > Jailbreak > Restore > Restore from Backup, then no, because you are restoring, which clears the Jailbreak. Anyway, you can just Jailbreak over your current state, and everything will be fine, and there will be no need to restore a backup.
    But if you right click on your device in iTunes and select - restore from back-up, "The Jailbreak" will stay intact.

2. Supreme Preference 3.0 has been causing a few users some trouble, so watch out for that one.

3. There are so many - Winterboard, Scrobble etc. Can't think of many off the top of my head

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Not on the iPod touch I don't think, although, I have heard of an iPhone tool called "Bluesn0w" that used to do this.

5. If something goes wrong (software-wise) you can Restore, and everything will be fine. If that doesn't work, you can restore with DFU Mode, a more forceful and powerful restore, that should always work, although it can be tricky to get into. Great guide here - Link

6. Yes