PLEASE HELP! me ipod 2G is , i think BROKE>

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bumbum14, Mar 26, 2009.

1. bumbum14

bumbum14 New Member

okay, so i jailbroke my 32 gig ipod
    after i did that i lost 3 gigabyte and i people said it wasnt normal to loose that much, and that it should only take like 300 mb or somthing

so yea, i went through my ipod's settings.
    General- Settings - Reset
    -and then i pressed reset all settings and something....
    so yea. it's been on the rebooting logo for a day- literally.
    i cant do anything with it., i tried connecting it to itunes- it coulndnt recognize it.
    and im too scared to try anything else.

please help.
  2. Tyeo098

Tyeo098 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Put it into DFU mode and restore.
  3. vannmann

vannmann New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    do a hard reboot. hold both the home and power buttons until it shuts off. then you can cut it back on. after that, i guess you could do a fresh re-sync.
  4. bumbum14

bumbum14 New Member

i did try that but it says. download the new itunes, software isnt availbale. or something. do i just ahve to download it. and would it work?
  5. DNJ45

DNJ45 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Download an original firmware somewhere (Google) and save it somewhere. The put your iPod in DFU mode and open iTunes. Hold shift while you click restore and select your original firmware. Let it restore.
  6. 1337BUHMILLION

1337BUHMILLION New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Dont worry! it has happened to me.

dont worry- it is impossible to mess up your ipod permanently. heres how to fix it
    here - itunes wont restore your ipod unless itunes is the current version, so yes, update your itunes. Now, your ipod is stuck in a loop rebooting, because an important boot file is corrupt. but luckily, no matter what software problems you have, you still have dfu mode.

this is how to put in dfu:
    plug in your ipod. close itunes.
    Hold both the Sleep/wake button and the Home Screen Button for ten seconds, use a timer if needed. after the ten seconds, let go of the sleep/wake button and hold the Home screen button for 8 seconds.

now itunes pops up and says somethng like ipod detected in recovery mode (see bottom) . yes, restore it, but dont use the jailbreak IPSW. wait for the restore, a little progress bar should pop up on the screen. when it is done restoring, and the ipod is reseting, close itunes.

You now have a working ipod touch.

in order to rejailbreak your ipod touch, there is a simplified redSn0w program called Voltage.
    here are the guides. MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW THEM COMPLETLY, THEY SHOW YOU HOW TO PATCH SOME BUGS IN THE IPOD TOUCH. YOU NEED THESE PATCHES!

for windows: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=3212
    for mac: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=3206

always happy to help, Mike C.

*if it doesnt, try turning your ipod off completly, and disconnecting it. hold the home screen button while conecting it, and it should be in recovery mode or repair mode.
  7. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    The tutorial's you provided are for the tethered jailbreak, which is now outdated
  8. 1337BUHMILLION

1337BUHMILLION New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    its not tethered. this is how i jailbroke my ipod. the same program is used for a tether jailbreak, but, if you swap out one of the files in the IPSW, the jailbreak becomes untethered.
  9. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    these threads are getting so old

EVERYWAKING PROBLEM WITH YOUR IPOD (that has nothing to do with a hardware malfunction) CAN BE SOLVED BY PUTTING IT INTO DFU MODE AND RESTORING VIA iTUNES