Please help me!!! I just got my ipod touch!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Tyrel1212, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Tyrel1212

Tyrel1212 New Member

Okay so i just got my ipod touch, and before i jail break it i have a few questions?

When you jail break it can you still put stuff on it from itunes like you could before you jailbreak it?

When you jail break it from the website, do you just download the iphone stuff from the thing or what?

Thanks tyrel
  2. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. When you do the "computer-less" jailbreak you can still sync with iTunes, however I had problems with this using the www.slovix.com/touchfree/jb method so i would use jailbreakme.com if I were you.

2. A computer is required for putting the iPhone apps on your iPod. However, most other programs can be installed through installer.app which is automatically installed on your iPod when you use one of the websites above.
  3. FlashiPod4Free

FlashiPod4Free New Member

With iPod Toch version 1.1.1 you can go to http://www.jailbreakme.com and it automatically jailbreaks your iPod Touch and adds the Installer App also. The Installer App allows you to automatically download and install more applications.

Yes, after jailbreaking you can still use iTunes to add songs/videos to the iPod Touch.
  4. Tyrel1212

Tyrel1212 New Member

thank you! i have heard so many different things about the jailbreakme and the slovix or what ever! You think i shouuld use the jailbreakme.com one? What all can you download from the link on your ipod when you jailbreak it? do you know any thing about aim (aol instant messaging) bc i really want to be able to use that!

Thank you so much!!!
  5. FlashiPod4Free

Yes, use http://www.jailbreakme.com, it's quick and fully automated and it also patches the TIFF Exploit. You can using AIM and other instant messaging services by accessing Meebo.com from your iPod Touch. It works!

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There are AIM clients that you can download through installer.app. There are also a bunch of games, themes, and cool apps that you can put on without needing a computer. But you do need wifi.

I used jailbreakme.com and it was really easy and i can still sync without a problem. i recomend that way. But make sure you install openssh before you install anything else.
  7. andyffer

andyffer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    a computer is not required to put the iphone apps on.
    I would reccomend it but if you jailbreak it and then go into installer and add a source -> http://blazecompany.googlepages.com/blaze.xml
    go back to the install tab and click blaze ultimate sources or something like that once you download that package and restart the install app there will be iphone apps on the installer.

just make sure you install the iphone apps prep first.

(Dont take my word that this will work. I went through this process and saw the iphone apps there but didnt actualy download them.) I did it by computer
  8. Tyrel1212

Tyrel1212 New Member

how do you install open hss first? and why?
  9. Tyrel1212

Tyrel1212 New Member

so first you need to download open hss first then you go to www.jailbreakme.com then do the whole process on that and you are done jailbreaking it if you dont want iphone apps? am i correct?
  10. FlashiPod4Free

Actually you don't need to download OpenSSH. Jailbreakme.com will do that for you. Just don't worry about it, open up jailbreakme.com on your browser, install it and let it do the work for you.