Please help me I am lost

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 432521, Jan 22, 2010.

1. 432521

432521 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Okay I own a 1st gen ipod touch and I can work that baby left and right so that is not my problem so I am not a complete noob to this game. My problem is that my brother's friend has a Iphone 3G baseband 05.07.11 unlocked with the carrier AT&T. He wants be to jailbreak it and if possible I would like to help him. I do know that I can use the program blackra1n to jailbrake his device.

My problems are:
    1. Do I tell him to restore it to 3.1.2 because I don't know what firmware he is on right now
    2. If I tell him to do so will it mess up his unlock? He doesn't have a data plan even though he is on AT&T. Would I need to reunlock his iphone?
    3. When I use blackra1n do I just push make it rain and do the same thing I do as what I do for my ipod and just download cydia?
    4. If anyone would be kind enough to just pass me to a video if possible that would be nice.
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

1. Yes, you can tell him to update if he isn't on 3.1.2 since blackra1n only works on 3.1.1/3.1.2.
    2. You can then unlock it using blacksn0w (from the blackra1n app).
    3. Yep, it's the same procedure.
    4. Just search on youtube for a video, it's not that hard.
  3. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

If he is running 05.07.11 and it is unlocked it has either already been jailbroken (to do the unlock) or it is a factory unlocked iPhone (unlikely but possible).

Like Chris mentioned; it is safe to update and then just run blackra1n (be sure he backs up the iPhone before doing the update just in case).
  4. killerz3r0

killerz3r0 Member