please help me choose...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by antonette, Feb 24, 2009.

1. antonette

antonette New Member

Hey everyone!

I am planning to buy my big bro a present. I know for a fact that he either wants a PSP or an iPod Touch.. both I know so little.

So please help me answer all these questions, it's basically like teaching an amish person about this product

Please Register or Log in to view images

Let's shorten iPod Touch to iPT

Q1. When I buy the iPT, what programs are set?? Are there any games already?

Q2. When wanting to place in new programs, games, etc. do I have to pay? Or only some you have to pay and some are free?

Q3. To place in anything in the iPT, will it always require Wi-Fi? Which leads me to my next question, does it have to be connected to Wi-Fi everything iPT is being use? Meaning let's say I downloaded a game, do I have to be connected to play?

So far those are my questions. If I think of more I'll ask. So please help me choose, tell me why iPod Touch is a lot better than PSP

2. jayjay960

jayjay960 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. The iPod touch comes with a few apps like a Calendar, Address Book, Email app, Web Browser, Weather, Stocks, Clock and a few other basic things like that. No games unfortunately
    2. You buy Games and Apps from the iTunes store, some cost, and others are free. You can still get some pretty good ones for fere, or around $1.19
    3. To sync music, videos, apps, photos etc. to the iPod you just connect it with the usb cable. Wi-Fi is only needed for specific apps that use it, e.g. Safari, Mail, games with online play (Though most games like that would have a single-player mode too)

I hope that helps

3. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No games on it when you buy it. You will have Safari (internet browser), calendar, clock, weather, you-tube, maps, contacts, notes. calculator and the Appstore (for downloading free and paid games and other applications).

some are free some you pay.. You can view all the available applications and games that you can download from the Appstore on
    Code:
    www.appshopper.com
    No you can either download direct to your iPT via WiFi or you caon download to your PC through iTunes and then sync to your iPT with a USB cable.

No games are downloaded to your device and stored on your device. You only need WiFi if you are playing an internet based game (e.g. on-line backgammon)

The iPod Touch isn't really a games machine. There are some good games on it but you don't have the controls you have on the PSP. If you want a device purely for games rather than anything else then a PSP is a great choice. If you are looking at other functionality rather than games then go for an iPod Touch.
  4. HM82

HM82 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  5. charlieiscool12

charlieiscool12 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I previous had the psp, and it just couldn't compared with the iPod touch.... There's just so much the iPod can do that the psp can't... Btw.. You are a good gift giver, spending that much on your big bro
  6. antonette

antonette New Member

thanx everyone

i actually decided to buy the iPod Touch for my big bro

now here's my last question... if i buy the iPod Touch here (cali) it will work perfectly ok in a different country right? because i'll be taking it to the philippines where my big bro is

7. willytboy

willytboy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Yer of course mate it will work fine on his computer at the Philippines no problem not a hazel =) It'll work in any country.
  8. antonette

antonette New Member

another question

when i was searching iPod Touch online, there are some website that says "first generation" of iPod Touch.. is there an old style already?? how many generation is there already??

i wanna make sure i don't get an old style /=

also do you guys think that a 16G would be good enough? because i have a 16G iPod Nano, the one that came out last year.. and i have a hard time maxing it out ^_^ but then again i don't have any movies in it, i usually rent it in the iTunes so it erases..
  9. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wow, nice little brother

the ipt comes with simple apps, no games, and no u can be off the internet whilst playing various games
  10. xmandeathx

xmandeathx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well there has only been 2 Generations. The 2nd one is the latest one. and for the 16gb question, i would buy a 16gb then an 8gb, even though i have an 8.., I wish i had a 16 cause i have lots of stuff to put in the ipod. More memory won't hurt!