Please help me!! Battery problem!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bfolkrod, Jun 14, 2009.

1. bfolkrod

bfolkrod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    HELP!

Please Register or Log in to view images

OK so here's what happened...I charged my iPod Touch overnight on my Mac (and it was working 100% fine that day/night) I leave the room to go to bed and wake up the next day to expect it to be full charged.....but it was off so while the cable still being connected to the Mac and to my iPod Touch I obviously turn it back on...So I wait for it to reboot and then while rebooting it just stops or in other words the screen goes blank...This is when I started to really freak out! It kept resetting itself it seemed over and over while it was plugged in... So I disconnected it..(It was not detected when I checked iTunes that morning btw...) and reset it again...I felt slightly more enlightened when my iPod fin ally finished it process of turning on but then I was left with a screen that had a plug then an arrow pointing at a lightning bolt below my battery symbol...I drew a picture in like 2 seconds to show you because Im in a serious hurry! Could someone please tell me what is wrong with it and how I can resolve it! And I hope it can be!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because I jailbroke it and I hope I can restore it!! and also the picture is reversed from the camera so imagine the plug on the left side and the lightning bolt on the right! lol THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH FOR READING THIS AND PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
  3. bfolkrod

bfolkrod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    From the computer or the wall charger?? I tried from the computer earlier but it seemed to keep resetting itself...
  4. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Considering that the battery is very very low, I would plug it into the computer and let it do its thing.
  5. bfolkrod

bfolkrod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I read the apple support page on the topic but it still does not tell me what that symbol means! It said that it means it must be charged for 10 minutes before using but it's talking about two pictures I assume...dies the symbols mean I have to charge it in a wall charger in order for it to work???
  6. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    no just plug into your computer and let it charge - might be that your cable is defect try another one.

your ipod isn't broken until you cannot charge it with a cable and an usb port from which you know they work.
  7. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try a different USB port/computer/wall charger/cable (or all four!). Check all your cables are properly plugged in. Sounds as though it's just not charged and run down overnight.

Jailbreaking won't damage your iDevice. If it is a hardware problem (which I very much doubt it is) then in these cases it's usually the comm port or ribbon cable (together as a one piece assembly) that is faulty and it's the cheapest and easiest part to replace.
  8. eladc

eladc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Connect it to a wall charger / a car charger and don't use your MAC / PC.
  9. bfolkrod

bfolkrod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I decided to plug it into my mac again and Im just gonna let it sit for a while but just to tell you guys...It keeps reseting but Im gonna let it be...and btw I don't think it a hardware problem I haven't had this for even 7 months....