Please Help Me Anyone

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Gecko49, May 13, 2008.

1. Gecko49

Gecko49 New Member

Ok, so my friend wanted me to jailbreak his ipod. I took up the task and used ziphone. I clicked the first option which was to jailbreak and activate his ipodtouch. It went through the process and at the end it was restarting ipod into recovery mode. It got stuck and i had to exit. And now the computer recognizes the ipod but itunes doesnt. So i cant recover. The ipod screen is the end of the usb connector with an arrow pointing to the itunes sign. Please help me.

Thanks guys
  2. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

ok ... so u have to put it into DFU mode, to do this u have to go to ziphone open it and inside the advance options u have to select DFU mode, once the process finishes u have to go ahead and restore it with itunes .. because what u did was wrong!!! sry to say it like that .. but u should NOT have clicked on the jailbreak + activate because that is for iPhones only!!!.... once u finish restoring your friends ipod in order to perform a correct jailbreak u should read and find the jailbreak only option in ziphone... if im not mistaken in smaller letters it should say: ipod touch compatible.. and use that option...
    hope this helps
  3. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    The idea is to click "Jailbreak ONLY" or "Jailbreak iPod" because there is no need to activate an iPod and it caused your problem.

ziPhone has an option under "Advanced" or "Mode" to put it in DFU mode. Do that and iTunes will recognize it. Keep in mind that in DFU mode, the iPod screen will be black.
  4. Gecko49

Gecko49 New Member

Thanks alot for the advice guys. Unfortunately ziphone wont even recognize it... My friend is going to kill me. Anymore help would be great.
  5. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    are you sure it can't find it? sometimes ziphone says that but it still can. Also since there is no text they could never knwo you tried to jailbreak it.
  6. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Try holding down Menu + Power until the screen goes black. Then hold down the power button to see if the iPod boots normally.