Please help major ipod touch error

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thecursor, Aug 29, 2010.

1. thecursor

thecursor Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i had a jailbroken ipod touch 2G MB model, i jailbroke with jailbreakme.com.
    my ipod worked perfectly for three weeks, then last night i installed "rock" and "added preferences" (or something like that). when installation finished i tapped on respring and the ipod stayed with a spinny circle on the screen for about half an hour so i shut it down using the home and power button.

when i try to boot up it wont, i think it goes in a boot loop because after about 7 minutes (with the apple logo still showing) the screen flashes and then the apple logo comes back after the flashing, and does it again after about 7 mins.
    so i tried about ten times to restore by putting it into DFU mode and restoring with 4.0.2 firmware downloaded from a website i go to, and when itunes says "verifying with apple" it comes up with the error 13.

SSHing into my ipod is not an option because i hadnt installed it. any help?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    btw i forgot to indroduce my self, i am thecursor (you can call me by my real name, Dimitri
    (please dont ban me if i have said anything against the rules in my last couple of posts because i havnt read the rules yet, i will do it now)
  2. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
  3. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Welcome to the forums!

and ,uh, please dont talk about the site you talked about (Starting with "F") because it has leaked firmwares. Please edit that out.

Hm, error 13, eh?
    You usually get than when somethings gone funky with the apple server.
    Or youre not connected to the internet.
    Reinstall iTunes, and click restore and NOT Shift Restore.
  4. thecursor

thecursor Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i already tried that, when it starts, itunes says restoring and updating (before it automatically downloads 3.1.3 firmware) but then it says my ipod is not eligible or something like that
    @XxRedRumxX seeing as you are a Multi-Touch Devotee i would expect u to know what DFU mode is xD its somewhere in these forums i had a look around yesterday and saw it
  5. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It looks liek a virus, looks like you have to upgrade to 4.0.2
  6. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Welcome to the forums. and tell your iPod, welcome to the infinite safe mode loop. Your only option is to restore.

EDIT: Oh, Apple won't allow you do downgrade so you need to redirect iTunes to a different server. i believe there is a tutorial right here on the forum.
  7. iRa1n

iRa1n Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Alright if it got stuck on the verifying restore thing there is a chance it hasnt changed your firmware. Try this;

Hold down the home and sleep buttons for 10 seconds or until the apple logo shows. If it does the boot loop thing, then you have a chance. If it goes to the restore to itunes screen stop reading now.

If the bootloop thing happens, leave your ipod plugged in and download a program called iphone explorer (google it). Run the program and it MIGHT connect to your ipod. If it does, find the app that gave you trouble and delete it. Then do a hard reboot; hold the home and sleep buttons until the screen turns off then switches back on, and see if it boots properly.
    Iphone explorer should work because it is a usb browser and does not require additional software. Give it a go, im not sure if it will work, but its worth a try right?
  8. thecursor

thecursor Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    aw well i tried restoring so much times that i dont get the boot loop anymore

Please Register or Log in to view images

ive left itunes to download the 4.0.2 firmware and i am now at school, i will try restoring when i get home.

can i just ask what it means when an ipod is bricked?
    NO MATTER!!!! I SET MY IPOD TO RESTORE TO 4.0.2 AND ITS WORKING!!!!! will I still be able to jailbreak with jailbreakme.com?
    One last question, my friend wants me to jb his iPod touch 3.1.3 32 gig not sure wot generation, word best program to use?
  9. SwiftSkii

SwiftSkii Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    1. When a device is "bricked" that means that (quite literaly) it is as useless as a brick.
    2. No, you can't. 4.0.2 fixed the jailbreakme PDF exploit. You will have to use Redsn0w when they come out with a version for it. Even though the 2g is suppose to be "Pwned4life"
    3. Easyest is Spirit, but if you want to get cool things like custom boot logos, and verbose boot (Where instead of a boot logo, it shows text running down the screen). Another easy one is Blackra1n, where, like spirit, you click a button to jailbreak. BUT it is tethered, meaning that you have to boot up, you have to connect your iPod to the computer and then run a program for it to boot.
    Your best choice is Spirit.
  10. thecursor

thecursor Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    are you sure there is no jailbreak for 4.0.2?