Please help! Jailbroke it, but now bricked?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by prolifik, Feb 5, 2009.

1. prolifik

prolifik New Member

I recently jailbroke my touch 2g with the GUI by cynw00d. Everything went smoothly and I setup the iPod and even installed some apps. I then decided to install Winterboard on it. It made it restart, and I was like "Oh hey, now its time to do that last part of the jailbreak b/c since its a theatered JB!" But, to no avail, after placing it in DFU and following the steps exactly, it just kept on the white screen. iTunes wouldn't even let me restore the official firmware by Apple and would give me various errors. Most of the errors were 1604's. I would repeat it many many times but came up fruitless. However, I did notice that the white screen would blink black for about half a second and turn white again.

I did some researching and read that the blinking was due to the iPod trying to load the firmware but failing...god, I need help. I am in desperate need for help. I have been searching the forums for about 8 hours now...

Is winterboard the problem that started it all? If so...how may I fix it?
    The errors I have received so far were: 13, 1604, 1601
    The errors were mostly produced from countless trial and error with different firmwares hoping that it would restore the iPod.

I have really desperate right now,
    please help!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    btw, I can get it into DFU/Recovery mode, but the iPod just won't accept any firmware I have tried. It just keeps the white screen on the whole time.
  2. keplers

keplers New Member

The only thing that i can suggest you to do without being side by side is:

1.Try connecting to another usb port (i have had problems sometimes and switching the usb port was the fix for it everytime) or another computer.
    2.Open itunes, put the ipod in dfu, hold shift(windows) or option (mac) and click restore. Select the IPSW that you wanna use and you are done.

In any case, i hope you know that it is kinda unwise to do this tethered JB with a gui - unless you CAN do it manually, but preffer to use the gui to save time.

Plus, if the jailbreak went ok, its absolutely FOR SURE that your ipod is not rebooting because:
    1.you are doing some kind of typo
    2.the gui that you are using to reboot (if thats the case) sucks

Cheers
  3. *EvilTater*

*EvilTater* New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Try using luxtouch and see if that will work. I've used it for the boot process and haven't had a problem with it yet.