PLEASE HELP!! itunes will not recognize my ipod.

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Ylader, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Ylader

Ylader New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a 2nd gen ipod touch 32gb. When I plug my ipod into my computer itunes says "itunes cannot read the contents of the ipod. Go to the summary tab in ipod preferences and click Restore to restore this ipod to factory settings." I would definitely do that but my computer crashed a couple weeks ago and I lost all of my music from my computer. The music is still on my ipod though. Is there any way to get the music from my ipod back on to my computer??? PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks
  2. tktab911

tktab911 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello Ylader,

There are multiple programs that can yank your entire ipod info off of it. However, most of them require you to either donate or pay.... Luckily, there are ways to do this for free...

It would help if you posted your OS (mac/windows, and the more details to it) since most software is limited to mac OR windows, not both.

One way (potentially risky) of doing this is by turning your ipod into a removable disk. Which for SOME reason people have problem fixing.... >.>
    http://ipodtips-tricks.blogspot.com/2008/01/download-transfer-music-ipodto-computer.html
    Its the way of doing that..

BUT!

Copy Trans has managed to pull a quick one on me after the same happened to me (3 weeks + some major time investment to get my lib. back after i did the same)...
    http://www.copytrans.net/download.php

CopyTrans Manager is the key-program but the other ones may be useful aswell.. hope that helps buddy.
  3. Ylader

Ylader New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    alright thanks! I am running windows 7 ultimate on my pc. I checked out copytrans but you have to pay like 20 bucks for the program. Is there any other way to do it for free?? If not I guess I will just pay the 20 Bucks. Thanks again
  4. AndrewMcMorrow

AndrewMcMorrow New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    i have copytrans but when i plug it in it says "switch to read only mode" any ideas how to do this?
  5. theiThemer

theiThemer Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    DONT USE COPYTRANS!
    Use SharePod.
    Should be Windows 7 Safe.
    ... May want to run in compatibility [IF PROBLEMS OCCUR].

http://getsharepod.com/
  6. AndrewMcMorrow

AndrewMcMorrow New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    sorry sharepod works fine and it puts the songs on my ipod and everything BUT then when i try to play the songs off my ipod it just skips it???