Please help!!!! ipod touch won't restore with itunes no more.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Madox003, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Madox003

Madox003 New Member

I have a 1.1.4 8gb ipod touch which I tried to soft jailbreak using Nashville's method....http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46930.

I've tried to Ziphone method but nothing worked (I'm using a Macbook pro). When I tried downgraded to 1.1.1 an error occurred. I tried to install iTunes 7.5 but it won't open since it can read my library which I created in iTunes 7.6.1. I reinstall 7.6.1 but now my ipod touch is in recovery mode and I can no longer restore my ipod using iTunes ......it keep saying "The ipod cannot be restored. An unknown error occurred (1604)."

Please help, I'm freaking out! Not too tech savy.
  2. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

You need to enter DFU mode (Recovery Mode) to restore your firmware, newer versions of Itunes seem to know if you have Jailbroken or tried to and will not let you restore or upgrade - so you have to put the ipod into recovery mode and then restore with the desired firmware. I quick search brought up this method with easy to follow steps:-

http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43298&highlight=dfu

But if you search you can find many other variations.
  3. lazyasada

lazyasada Banned

you watch one of my videos check out my signature
  4. Madox003

Madox003 New Member

The thing is my ipod touch is in constant recovery mode (icon of plug with itunes logo), I don't even want to jailbreak or downgrade anymore. I just want to put it back to factory settings but seems to be unable to.
  5. ballinjace

ballinjace New Member

6. hiflyer

hiflyer Guest

Open Ziphone 2.5c, connect your ipod. Under "Mode" select Normal that should boot you back to your 1.1.4
  7. Madox003

Madox003 New Member

I did what you did on your video, my error occurs at the end after I click on the restore button.
  8. Madox003

Madox003 New Member

I have mac OSX so I do not have that feature.

Please help, nothing seem to be working and my ipod is stuck in recovery mode. They say it's almost impossible to brick it, but now I don't know.

Does anyone here know what error 1604 means?
  9. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You do have that feature on the MAC! Look on the top toolbar near the apple logo on the top left. There is a Mode pull down menu with what you are looking for.

Edit: And I mean the top of you screen, not the top of the ziphone gui.
  10. lazyasada

lazyasada Banned

so it has an error like after you click restore ok will it should have a message that says that error leave the message alone and do what is says in the video force it into recovery mode again