Please Help iPod touch stuck at boot screen- I have already tried the two methods

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by itouch_9714, Apr 12, 2009.

1. itouch_9714

itouch_9714 New Member

Please Help iPod touch stuck at boot screen- Fontswap crashed now

I installed FontSwap on my jailbroken iPod touch. I was trying out different fonts. Then as I was changing the system font to check out this one font, my iPod crashed. As in the loading wheel was spinning, but it never finished. I believe this is called the Sinning wheel of death. Anyways I tried pressing the home button, and turning the iPod off the normal way. That didn't work, so I pressed and held the Power button and home button until the iPod turned off and back on. After it turned back on, the springboard never booted. It got stuck at the boot screen. I tried the two methods at the "How To Fix An iPod Stuck On Boot Logo W/O Restoring" thread, but they didn't work. I followed the instructions on the first method, but after I left the iPod on for 15 minutes, the screen never dimmed. I noticed that approximately every 7-8 minutes, the iPod turned off and back on in 1 second. I tried the second method, but after I renamed the "Applications" folder to "Applications2", and waited 5 seconds the springboard did not boot up. Is there anything else I can try to hopefully resolve this issue, or do I have no option but to fully restore iPod touch? Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you.

EDIT: I think I know now why my iPod won't go past the boot screen. It is because my iPod touch is trying to load the bad font. There should be a way for me to change the system font to the default font. Can someone please tell me how to do that? Thank you.
  2. stickman1000000

stickman1000000 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    dfu then restore