Welcome to the iFans Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Please help. iPod touch 2G stuck in restore mode.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by FinalAeon, Sep 20, 2008.

1. elararoufal

elararoufal New Member

WHAHAHAHAHA IT WORKS I LOVE YOU BRO!

but thanks. :)
  2. Canuck

Canuck New Member

The 2G only works on 2.1.1 firmware. Don't try anything else.
  3. FinalAeon

FinalAeon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Apple technical support guy gave up as well, so I'm getting a replacement. Waiting again....
  4. aleh

aleh New Member

Hey guys,

Read your posts today because had a similar problem. Sounds crazy but we managed to restore it by holding volume up button. :) Described our experience here: http://dzenisiuk.info/blog/?p=5

Aleh
  5. King Chronic

King Chronic New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    try DFU or use iRecovery -s then issue the fsboot command
  6. Drawingbreath

Drawingbreath New Member

And then wobble the magic frog bubble whilst whistling at a startled rabbit.

Seriously, have you got more specific information describing the process? This sounds suspiciously like a jailbreak terminal hack to me and as we know, the 2G iPod Touch isn't open yet.

Don't mean to be disrespectful, but that is what your advice will sound like to most newcomers to this site. Which includes me. ;)

Incidentally, are you the same Chronic as the Chronic Dev team dealing with a jailbreak for the 2nd Gen Touches? Am I "dissing" the words of a God?
  7. easycom

easycom New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes he is the Chronic of the Chronic dev team if you werent a noob you would know that and dont ask questions of him as you can see he is bombarded by them constantly and doesnt answer question about the state of the jailbreak thank you
  8. King Chronic

King Chronic New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    you seem to be confusing the commands. fsboot is a command built into the apple bootloader. if u use iRecovery to spawn a shell with the bootloader while its plugged in, just use ./iRecovery -s, and then it will say a bunch of stuff u probably wont understand. that is the bootloader welcome screen. you can now try typing 'fsboot' without the quotes, as that is the standard command to boot out of recovery. if that doesn't work, spawn a shell again after restarting manually (but try to give fsboot at least a minute or two before getting worried). Once u have done it again and fsboot didn't work, try doing the command 'clearenv', and then manually reboot the ipod. then turn it on, and if it goes to recovery, try fsboot again. it should work. chances are that you or someone was messng with iRecovery earlier sometime and u accidently messed up one of the nvram variables or smth. otherwise, if none of this works, try downloading a clean ipsw form apples website and restoring to that with shift+restore (windows) or option+restore (mac).

clean fresh ipsw from apple: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...080909.8i9o0/iPod2,1_2.1.1_5F138_Restore.ipsw

hope this helps.

PS: while i thank you for ur compliment, i am in no way a god, there are more skilled people out there :p i'm just a student who likes doing stuff like this as a hobby.
  9. Hard_On

Hard_On New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    without restoring use the 'setenv auto-boot true'
    then 'saveenv' then try 'fsboot'
  10. SpeedOlight

SpeedOlight New Member

hey did you do this in normal recovery mode or DFU mode cause i seem to be having the same problem. tried all kinds. ended with white screen, error 160x light black background then error.
    and what do you mean by this? before shift+restoring? load up the shell again?