Please help Ipod gets error

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by II AnDo II, Nov 30, 2008.

1. II AnDo II

II AnDo II New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I just tried to upgrade my ipod touch from 1.1.4 to 2.0 and now when i turn it on all i get is this on the screen

Please Register or Log in to view images

so i pluged it back in and opend itunes and itunes gave me this error

Please Register or Log in to view images

which is realy strange because its not a iphone its a ipod touch

so can some one please help me fix it thanks xxx
  2. Pwnage Productions

Pwnage Productions Banned

3. II AnDo II

II AnDo II New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ok i just googled it coz that link dosent work

is this what you mean by dfu

1. Turn on your iPod (in my case it would only get as far as displaying the Apple logo
    2. Hold the power and home buttons down (the iPod will power off after 10 seconds, but keep holding those buttons down)
    3. After the iPod powers off, release the power button (but keep holding the home button down)
    4. After a couple more seconds, you should hear that magical “ding dong” that means the iPod is coming back alive, and that Windows has detected it. You may even see a little “New hardware” popup in Windows. It is now safe to release the home button, and your iPod is in DFU mode.
    5. Now iTunes will see it as a DFU’ed iPod and should ask you to automatically restore its firmware.
    6. iTunes has to download the new firmware, and it takes a while, so go make a sandwich.

if so it dident work what are my other options and thanks for the fast reply mate
  4. james_park617890

james_park617890 New Member

i dont think u can go straight to 2.0 from 1.1.4...cuz i had similar problem, what i did was first upgrade to 1.1.5 from itunes, then go to 2.0 from there. Make sure you have itunes 7.7 before u 'shift' restore to 2.0 from itunes..