iOS 3.1 Please Help! iPod Controls Not Working!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by deleted account, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Okay, here's the deal. I had "iTransform to iPod" installed, which said it would disable the iPod controls...I DIDN'T KNOW IT MEANT PERMANENTLY!

So I disabled it in winterboard, then uninstalled it and respringed. When I double-click the home button, it opens up my music (mobilemusicplayer.app) instead of the music controls dialouge box thing.

Before you start spamming suggestions, here's what I'VE ALREADY TRIED MANY TIMES and also respringing my iPod after doing one of these things (as well as all of them combined together):

-"Settings>General>Home" and check the "iPod" option
    -"Settings>General>Home" and turn on the "iPod Controls" switch
    -Try playing some music and then try double clicking the home button

None of the above worked. I really need help. I also tried going into "/var/stash/Applications.XXXXXX/MobileMusicPlayer.app/info.plist" and removed the 2 "unified-ipod" strings as well as those 2 in "N45AP.plist" in "/system/library/CoreServices/Springboard.app/". Please help...

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Anonymoose23

Anonymoose23 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What firmware are you using? The recent firmware doesn't allow you to do that. you have to download IpodPop from Cydia for it to work again.
  3. shortperson1026

shortperson1026 Active Member

Not true, it DOES work in 3.1.2, I know for a fact because I'm on it, I don't understand why people say it doesn't work.

If it's not working, download iPodPop from Cydia, and that would be the best fix for now. And if you want to use iPod (with controls still available) I reccomend the one created by Andy King, which is 100% bug free

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. SpeedyApocalypse

SpeedyApocalypse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i'm using transformtoiPod right now and it is working fine
  5. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Double-home does not work when a song ISNT playing after firmware 3.0